JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   lights (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/lights-240262/)

opossumDODGER 07-15-2012 04:30 PM

lights

Has anyone tried to rig something up so that kc lights or something run off the stock fog lights wiring harness and switch

archijeff 07-15-2012 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by opossumDODGER
Has anyone tried to rig something up so that kc lights or something run off the stock fog lights wiring harness and switch

Yup, they plug right in

Loudog2011 07-15-2012 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Yes I ran kc lights to the existing fog light wires and it works perfect

Attachment 341494

Ryan0260 07-15-2012 06:28 PM

I wouldn't go over a 55 watt light with the stock harness and switch

archijeff 07-15-2012 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I wouldn't go over a 55 watt light with the stock harness and switch

Yeah, I was assuming he's talking about KC's slim line fogs

opossumDODGER 07-15-2012 08:08 PM

Do they make them with the actual plug so its more like plug and play or do you have to strip and soder it?

archijeff 07-16-2012 04:27 AM

Do they make them with the actual plug so its more like plug and play or do you have to strip and soder it?

Plug and play ;)

old fart 07-16-2012 04:53 AM

i did it on my Rover.i just ran the fog light wire to trigger the relay for my Hella black magics......it worked great.never a problem

MangoMann 07-19-2012 03:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by old fart
i did it on my Rover.i just ran the fog light wire to trigger the relay for my Hella black magics......it worked great.never a problem

Got a pair of the Black Magic 500 Hellas still sitting in the box driving me nuts because I can't find good clear instructions on the proper wiring through the firewall, connections, and how to install the on/off switch into one of my dead spots in the dash. I have the entire kit with harnesses etc and I'm competent enough to get them mounted with the SB brackets but I am lost with the main wiring. I do not have an **** do that's out and have no other electrical to wire up for awhile. Can anyone share a small write up or share pics on how to get these things functional on my rig so I can stop banging my head against the wall? A buddy of mine said that he might be able to help, but the pride of a DIY by myself will bring true satisfaction. The pic below is where I'm wanting the on/off switch. Thanks

Attachment 342960

Attachment 342961