JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Stock JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/)
-   -   HELP How to remove jack from Jeep Unlimited (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/help-how-remove-jack-jeep-unlimited-131694/)

firesweep 05-28-2010 02:35 PM

HELP How to remove jack from Jeep Unlimited

I cannot for the life of me get my jack out on my Jeep Unlimited. I read through the manual but still cannot find out how this thing comes out. I had a blow out last year and luckily it was close to town where my brother came by with a floorjack. Right now I want to venture up in the mountains but will not chance it without being able to take out the jack. Please if there is anyone who has removed their jack let me know the steps.
Thanks!

GoodysGotaCuda 05-28-2010 02:36 PM

The jack is retained by it being 'opened' into the hole. so you need to turn the handle/screw/nut to 'drop' the jack while it is in it's hole. That will loosen it up and it will slide out..

saltman 05-28-2010 02:37 PM

you need to slightly lower it by turning the end to be able to pull it out. slightly raise the jack to lock it back into place when you are done.

Lorrel 05-28-2010 03:00 PM

:rotflmao2: :rotflmao2: Sorry, I just had to do that.
About a week after we got the JK for wife, I was looking over things and tried to get the jack out. Well after about 1/2 an hour I finally figgured it out. Me, having retired from the Navy as a Senior Chief Gunners Mate, and working full time as an electrician at a large printing facility. :rotflmao2: :rotflmao2:

Mark Doiron 05-28-2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lorrel (Post 1710937)
:rotflmao2: :rotflmao2: Sorry, I just had to do that.
About a week after we got the JK for wife, I was looking over things and tried to get the jack out. Well after about 1/2 an hour I finally figgured it out. Me, having retired from the Navy as a Senior Chief Gunners Mate, and working full time as an electrician at a large printing facility. :rotflmao2: :rotflmao2:

Just goes to show you us zoomies are smarter (retired Chief Master Sergeant): I had no problems figuring out how to get the jack out. Just don't ask me how long it took to figure out how to turn off the rear dome light in my Jeep. :rotflmao2:

mkjeep 05-28-2010 04:01 PM

Turn ignition on/off while pressing the brake three times, jump out run around the jeep 3 times , stop , turn jack knob to left.

Patchules 05-28-2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by mkjeep (Post 1711000)
Turn ignition on/off while pressing the brake three times, jump out run around the jeep 3 times , stop , turn jack knob to left.

My JK comes with a jack? As in the device for lifting it like to change a tire? Really?

Lorrel 05-29-2010 06:24 AM

Hey, that almost sounds like a chinise fire drill we used to do in the early 60's.

JKlad 05-29-2010 06:52 AM

Isn't that how you disable the ESP? :eek2:

JPSquad 05-29-2010 07:20 AM

Clockwise or counter-clockwise? :D

Throw in a few jumping jacks for good measure.