Notices
For Sale One mans trash is another mans treasure. Post your Jeep JK Wrangler and non-JK related items for sale here. Please be sure to read the For Sale Forum Rules before posting in it. No vendors or businesses allowed.

Rugged Ridge Relocation Brackets Practically New

Old 08-28-2014, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Relocation Brackets Practically New

$45.00 plus shipping. Installed brackets to windshield but removed after a week because I couldn't get my mirrors off the door, so they are basically new.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

You gotta smack em pretty hard to get em out. Get some longer bolts that match the thread count, grade 8 ones. Then thread em in all the way and give it a good wack with a hammer a couple times. Wouldn't hurt to have someone on the upside to catch it before it pops out and hits the ground. Also, PB blaster that shit, it's a cast metal in there and is susceptible to corrosion.

Edit: If you already have the doors off, lay em down on your bed and hit em there. It's more stable laying down, and the soft bedding won't scratch anything.

Last edited by grim_creation; 08-30-2014 at 08:20 PM. Reason: More ideas.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by grim_creation
You gotta smack em pretty hard to get em out. Get some longer bolts that match the thread count, grade 8 ones. Then thread em in all the way and give it a good wack with a hammer a couple times. Wouldn't hurt to have someone on the upside to catch it before it pops out and hits the ground. Also, PB blaster that shit, it's a cast metal in there and is susceptible to corrosion.

Edit: If you already have the doors off, lay em down on your bed and hit em there. It's more stable laying down, and the soft bedding won't scratch anything.
Thank you for the advice, but the bolt on the passenger side stripped so I couldn't even get the bolt out. I just gave up and want to sell them.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Relocation Brackets Practically New