Notices
Scale models and R/C hobbies Share your scale models and other radio controlled hobbies with the JK-Forum community!

Going to Li-Poly

Old 11-07-2014, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Li-Poly

I was looking at going to Li-Poly batteries for my SCX10, but don't know a lot about them. Is there any modifications or setting I need to change to switch? What do I need other than the batteries and the changer? Any recommendations on the size or brand of the batteries or charger?
Old 11-09-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

What voltage are you running now?Not much difference between batteries except that lipo's don't like water,you need to watch them when charging them.I still running the stock voltage of 7.4v 2s 5000mah 50c.You could run a 3s but you'll have drive train failer
Old 11-10-2014, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by familytime
What voltage are you running now?Not much difference between batteries except that lipo's don't like water,you need to watch them when charging them.I still running the stock voltage of 7.4v 2s 5000mah 50c.You could run a 3s but you'll have drive train failer
I'm running a 7.2V 5000mAh NiMH. I was under the impression that lipo batteries give better performance and longer run time. Is it better for me not to make the switch?
Old 11-23-2014, 05:07 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by EmptyPocketsRubicon
I'm running a 7.2V 5000mAh NiMH. I was under the impression that lipo batteries give better performance and longer run time. Is it better for me not to make the switch?
I'd say yes,with my battery set up i get 3-4 hours of run time

Quick Reply: Going to Li-Poly