Notices
SEMA The SEMA Show is the premier automotive related event in the world. Drawing the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center. It's closed to the general public but you can experience it here with your fellow JK-Forum community members.

Eibach Springs SEMA JK

Old 11-02-2014, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How would you compare the ride to stock? Really interested in their suspension as I've ran them to lower cars in the past and ride was actually still comfortable and well mannered on road. Also is it a 3" or 3.5"?
Old 11-02-2014, 02:25 PM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately I can't really answer that question yet, as I have not had the chance to thoroughly test drive it with the new system. I was only able to drive around the block a couple of times last week. I will have the Jeep back in my hands next Saturday and will give a full report after that. I am anxious to compare it, I really liked the way it handled in stock form.

And the amount of lift achieved is dependent upon how your Jeep is outfitted. With mine we gained a good solid 3" - taking into consideration the weight of the steel bumpers, winch, 35" spare tire, etc.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cam bolts and a rear TB drop bracket ? They can do better.
The rest looks solid.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 11-05-2014, 11:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Jeep looks great! How long did you go without your Jeep?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:27 AM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. It's been 3 weeks. I get it back Friday night after the show.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:03 PM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Default Test Drive & Review

So I finally got to try out the new suspension yesterday at Cleghorn Ridge. I have to say, I am quite pleased with the ride. On road - it is as good or even better than the factory Rubicon ride. Since the Eibach springs have the same rate as the factory springs, the main difference is in the shocks. And with the added weight of the armor and 35" spare, it makes for a pretty comfy ride.

20141114_093216 2.jpg

Off road - with the sway bar disconnected, the ride is even better than stock. It grabs the corners and absorbs the woops exceptionally well on a dirt fire road. And then on a washed out road, I was able to travel a little faster than before with less bouncing around.
IMG_8624 (2).jpg

And then I got to the rocks - the new springs and longer shocks helped to increase the articulation and the PS fenders allowed for more tire clearance, thus keeping the tires on the ground and making traction.
IMG_8603 2.jpg

IMG_8648 2.jpg

In the beginning, I was concerned that I might sacrifice the stock Rubicon ride - but that did not happen. I believe it rides better now, especially off road. I am very impressed! And the added articulation and increased wheel travel make rocky trails a lot more fun. Overall, I would say that Eibach has built a solid kit with a great ride. I really like that it includes the SS brake lines and adjustable track bar. And another great feature - Made in the USA!

Quick Reply: Eibach Springs SEMA JK