Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

These things are pieces of crap.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some guys aint built for Jeeps, they may be more a Prius starbucks drinkin kinda guy and they dont know it yet
Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

spartan99,
Sorry to hear how your Jeep is a piece of crap!

However not all of them are....
My Sahara with plenty of off-roading and its still in new condition (except for a few [many] trail scratches here and there).
Old 09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kedge
SELL it! DONE!
Mine just got listed on Craiglist. Come to find out its a real POS and I just didn't know it. I'm standing guard with a fire extinguisher in case it eruptes into flames before I get it sold.

Hopefully the guy that buys it doesn't want a test drive or it'll probably go into full death wobble before it gets out of the driveway.

Lord help me if he wants to look under the hood. He'll probably pull the dipstick and won't find any oil in the crankcase, cause it burned 5 qts since I changed oil 27 miles ago.

Please,please,please don't let it be raining either. He'll open the door and get a drop of water on his leg. If he is like all the other Nancy boys that melt when it rains,I'll have to wait for another sucker to come along and buy this POS.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my JK. Could certainly use more power (what couldnt?) but I am happy with mine. 16k trouble free miles of fishing trips and off-road excursions.

Flash
Old 09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
I work on Pilots professionally, I wouldn't be caught dead in one. They have the same problems as any other vehicle. I've got 50,000 miles of ABSOLUTE trouble-free miles on my JK.
Like tinman said:

MY 2007 Unlimited and my wife's 2008 Sahara have both been trouble free other than the heater duct valve that sticks a little when they are cold (won't go into defrost position until the air warm the rubber seal on the valve).

Thanks for getting the bad one so we could both get good ones.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jhaynes
Some guys aint built for Jeeps, they may be more a Prius starbucks drinkin kinda guy and they dont know it yet
I like that, can I use it for part of my sig?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spartan99
For those who'll defend the brand to no end:

I have a great investment that I think you'd enjoy. Trust me. It kicks ass!! Go ahead and wire $ to my pay pal account. When I get the chance, I'll even tell you how it's doing. But that's beside the point. The point is that you'll be putting your money into an account with a cool name. It's called "Rad Account." And my updates come in an envelope with a red stripe on the front. Isn't that cool? You'll have the coolest looking account udpates than anyone else you know! And if you send me more than $1k to start, you'll get the account that I call "Really Rad Account" and the envelope comes with a blue stripe on the back, too. That way everyone will know that you have the "Really Rad Account." Sometimes the account doesn't yield any return, but... at least you have a rad account when others don't!!

What was your paypal account again?

But, If I sign up do I get to call and talk to you like your re-tarted and get pissed when you don't agree with me. I also expect a lifetime warranty and can my envelopes have "RUBICON" on it instead of stripes? My Jeep came with that and I've enjoyed it a lot... I think it's the stickers.

Last edited by nikbass; 09-20-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Sure Can Use It
Old 09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

I just wonder what they were doing when they test drove it, It must have been dark and raining, little drunk,high and maybe they drove it around the dealership parkinglot cuz they were too drunk
Old 09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you have heard it time and time again, I think you just got a bad one. From what you are describing with the problems you have had and it experienced it doesn't really match what you call babying it, sounds like it gets driven pretty hard just saying. When does your transmission really seem to get hot? Pulling a steep grade for awhile, underload, in tow, flat ground, low speeds, etc...? It just does not make since for it to be overheating when not in tow or something like others have mentioned at low speeds while in 4H. Other than taking it to the dealer what efforts have you done to try to fix the problem? If it were me I'd change the transmission fluid and filter and if you have already done so, change it all again using a different brand atf. If you had it changed maybe it is possible someone put the wrong type of atf in there, it happens. Just trying to suggest and help.

As for the death wobble I have not experienced that in my JK (it is all still stock though right now), nor did I with my previous TJ with a 3 inch lift on 33's.

The only issue I have had with my JK is at 534 I think it was the ETC (Electric Throttle Control) acted up and the dealer reflashed my PCM and it hasn't gave me any problems since.

Now my 1985 Chevrolet K5 Blazer has some occassional death wobble issues. But it has 13" of lift and does not have stock axles and has ram assist steering and I have had it to a few shops for this and no one seems to know what causes the death wobble. What made it worse was hitting a little sand dune at Keystone Dam at the ATV park at 40 mph and did a nose dive and cracked the transmission all the way around and grenaded the t-case. I got a wild hair and thought I'd jump the dune, found out K5 Blazers are very front heavy and it didn't work out.Ever since then the steering in it was worse. With that much lift the steering probably will never be right anyway so I never worried about it. But your Jeep should not have death wobble especially from seeing your pic of your Jeep on your avatar tells me you don't have a big lift kit. If I were you I would take that Jeep to an alignment shop (not the dealer) and get the alignment checked out and have them check wheel bearings for play and the tie rods and ball joints.

Quick Reply: These things are pieces of crap.