Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????

Old 01-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=WhosUrBuddiee;2822107]To be clear. Has Hypertech been able to finally crack the 2011 ECU?[/

No flash tuning devices for any 11 or 12 Chrysler products. I am sorry but hypertech does not offer estimated release dates. It gets annoying listening to empty promises from tuning companies.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Hypertech;2822411]
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
To be clear. Has Hypertech been able to finally crack the 2011 ECU?[/

No flash tuning devices for any 11 or 12 Chrysler products. I am sorry but hypertech does not offer estimated release dates. It gets annoying listening to empty promises from tuning companies.
So I take it that means the turbo kit doesnt work for 2011.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never said a BOV functions as a wastegate. I simply said a wategate regulates pressure on the exhaust side and bov regulates pressure on the intake side. There is no yes and no about it.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome. Thanks for being upfront with us.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Goddamn! APR has a flash for the new VW GolfR that came out 3 weeks ago! You can't tell me the Bosch ECU in a freakin VW is easier to crack than a Chrysler product! I haven't checked, but who makes our ECUs? I'd bet Bosch, used to be that way with older Chrysler products.

Our tuning companies are not trying hard enough.

Oh the frustration!
Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=RichN;2824415]
Originally Posted by Hypertech

Goddamn! APR has a flash for the new VW GolfR that came out 3 weeks ago! You can't tell me the Bosch ECU in a freakin VW is easier to crack than a Chrysler product! I haven't checked, but who makes our ECUs? I'd bet Bosch, used to be that way with older Chrysler products.

Our tuning companies are not trying hard enough.

Oh the frustration!
You shouldn't put all the blame on the tuners. It is after all how they make their money. Supply and demand has a big part to do with it. On top of that you have all the restrictions that state and federal emissions enforce the car manufactures to obey by. Hell if you get caught with a tuner on your diesel truck here in Cali. You could face up to a $10,000 fine for it. Then you have the car manufactures themselves not wanting their ECM’s to be “hacked” for their own reasons….
Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never said a BOV functions as a wastegate. I simply said a wategate regulates pressure on the exhaust side and bov regulates pressure on the intake side. There is no yes and no about it.
Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
No you didn't, Pauldana did.

WhosUrBuddiee...... Thank you for your understanding and in clarifying what I thought I was saying.... so, yes... 505 was talking about having some sort of pressure regulation on there unit so as to have a lower RPM charge without having to much at upper RPM's
Old 02-03-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

there are 2-3 pages of information missing????? where did they go???? were they purposely removed? has this happenedto any other thread???
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

First off, I will admit that I have not read this entire thread yet...got to page 12 and couldn't wait any lnoger to post. I am seriously considering the Ripp or a HEMI. I had no idea about all the other SC available and really have enjoyed this thread.

One thing I either missed, or feel is missing from this discusion is this. It seems as though the main concern and comments are in regards to the Sprintex vs the Ripp and the longevity and dependablility of both and the amount of power they put out at the low end. I am fairly confident that neither (and extremely confident in the RIPP because it has been proven) will leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere because the engine exploded. That being said, I actually feel as though the lack of power increases at the low end by Ripp are a PLUS. I feel as though the weak points of the drive train are going to be anywhere other than the engine when I am out crawling over rocks or chasing after pigges in the Jeep. With this thought process the last thing I need is 50% more power being directed to my axles when I am simply trying to crawl over an obstacle. I have yet to be on a trail and see someone's engine fail, but I have seen numerous drive shafts bust or axles twist and almost every one of them was when someone got a bit to heavy on the throttle.

I agree the Ripp is best on the streets, although it appears to be great on the trails as well (from what I have heard and seen). My number one concern is not breaking down in the middle of nowhere, and for good reason. I was recently in the middle of nowhere and had a hunting accident in which I was shot multiple times (I am not wanting to get into this on this thread) and we had to RACE to meet EMS and a Helicopter about 35 miles from where we were. So again, I don't want to break anything and I feel as though the stock 3.8 put in 4 low has all the power you need below the 2000-2500 RPM range when the RIPP really kicks in. On the highway I never see below 2000-2500 RPM and this is where the 3.8 is severly lacking.

Just my thoughts...FLAME AWAY!!!

edit...I am now going back to read the rest of the thread

Last edited by Sharkey; 02-16-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Competing forum
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Woodchuck. I think you nailed it on the head. Enjoy reading the previous threads, they are a doosy.

Quick Reply: Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????