Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Before moab to do list got smaller today

Old 03-22-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before moab to do list got smaller today

Been a busy week fortunately working nights gives me some tinker time in the day.

I finished my home made dual battery install, mounting the 2nd battery (blue top) on its side in the cubby in the back floor with the lid trimmed out so the battery sticks out about 1.5". Bought the battery brain device online to handle the power management automatically and mounted that on top of the fuse box cover under the hood. HD 25mm wire running the whole way front to back. Also installed a 12 way fused power distribution center (from west marine) mounted to the underside of the hood running off the 2nd bat.

I also installed a 7way trailer coupler so I could bring constant 12V power from my spare to my off road trailer to power inverters lights etc.

Cleaned out and changed both diff's fluid.

Dealer replaced clock spring, gas tank, fuel filter, fuel pump, and seat handle, starter and transmission range sensor.

Transfer case done about 7k ago.

Need to:

One more oil change before I leave
Build a cover for the part of the battery sticking out (1.5"H x 8"D x 10"W)
Wire the 12v power & 7 way connector into the trailer

what am i missing?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
Before you head to Moab, you may want to grease your driveshaft real good and check that your control arms are tight. I usually take the front DS off when I drive out there just so I don't have the vibrations on such a long trip.
good suggestion I will grease that puppy up did not even think of it! PM on the way.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dwikto
Been a busy week fortunately working nights gives me some tinker time in the day.

I finished my home made dual battery install, mounting the 2nd battery (blue top) on its side in the cubby in the back floor with the lid trimmed out so the battery sticks out about 1.5". Bought the battery brain device online to handle the power management automatically and mounted that on top of the fuse box cover under the hood. HD 25mm wire running the whole way front to back. Also installed a 12 way fused power distribution center (from west marine) mounted to the underside of the hood running off the 2nd bat.

I also installed a 7way trailer coupler so I could bring constant 12V power from my spare to my off road trailer to power inverters lights etc.

Cleaned out and changed both diff's fluid.

Dealer replaced clock spring, gas tank, fuel filter, fuel pump, and seat handle, starter and transmission range sensor.

Transfer case done about 7k ago.

Need to:

One more oil change before I leave
Build a cover for the part of the battery sticking out (1.5"H x 8"D x 10"W)
Wire the 12v power & 7 way connector into the trailer

what am i missing?
You've been busy. Me too, but more baby than jeep busy. We have to meet up soon. Still owe you a or soda pop for helping me out. Should be going to the Suds and Grub next week. Possibly going to Rudy's Sat evening, if you're around as a old neighbor from my days in Newps is playing there saturday night. Still up in the air on that one though as lately once the little one goes down, im usually not too far behind haha
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TonyD
You've been busy. Me too, but more baby than jeep busy. We have to meet up soon. Still owe you a or soda pop for helping me out. Should be going to the Suds and Grub next week. Possibly going to Rudy's Sat evening, if you're around as a old neighbor from my days in Newps is playing there saturday night. Still up in the air on that one though as lately once the little one goes down, im usually not too far behind haha
Sounds good man would be cool to meet up soon. I got a baby on the way end of july and a 2yr old at home now so I feel your pain....
Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Took the trailer out today for a high speed freeway run after making a more tow friendly hitch for the road. I will swap out to pintle hitch when I hit the trail. Anybody have a good trail that will be doable with my trailer, I do not want to get to crazy and trash it, but I do want to test its capabilities????
Old 04-15-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Trailer looks good. Did you make that from scratch or did you start with a frame? I'm trying to see what I can do with an old generator frame... Maybe I'll see you in Moab!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dwikto
Took the trailer out today for a high speed freeway run after making a more tow friendly hitch for the road. I will swap out to pintle hitch when I hit the trail. Anybody have a good trail that will be doable with my trailer, I do not want to get to crazy and trash it, but I do want to test its capabilities????
Trailer's looking great!!! I already planted the seed at home that we will need one of these for family camping in the future.
As far as trails go; cant help you there on account i was gonna look to you for a tour of the local trails. haha
Have fun in Moab!!!

Quick Reply: Before moab to do list got smaller today