Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why won't my superchips work?? Tried EVERYTHING

Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why won't my superchips work?? Tried EVERYTHING

Last week I ordered the superchips flashpaq from Quadratec. When it came, I installed the recommended updates via the Superchips easy update software installed on my computer. I then plugged it into my rig and all went well it first. It read the vehicles current (stock) tune and copied the file to the flashpaq. It then instructed me to turn the ignition back to off and after doing so the flashpaq's screen went blank. It still had power as the back light was lit up, but there was nothing on the screen. I gave it a good 10 min, then unplugged it to give it a second try. Now every time I try it all it says is that there is no vehicle configuration installed and to visit superchips.com for updates. So yet again I plugged it in on my computer's USB port only this time it won't even get passed the analyzing stage. It analyzes for a good 10 min then eventually says "USB port timed out" on the flashpaq screen itself. At this time it also turns the device icon under the easy updater on my PC into a question mark - "?"......... WTF??? I followed the instructions for this thing word for word just as I do everything else. As I said, it copied the stock file and then just went blank while still having power. Now the software won't even read the device. Any others experience these issues???
Old 12-23-2010, 10:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Call Superchips directly.
1-888-227-2447
or
1-407-585-7000

Good Luck!!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

They have a forum on their website also, wouldn't hurt to post there. (and even search/read through a few to see if anyone else is having that same issue).

Don't know what their staffing is for the holidays, but they are usually very good with working through issues and getting custom tunes out to you.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:03 AM
JK Freak

I updated my flashpaq about 2 weeks ago. I went through the same thing. It took 6 tries before I was able to update my tuner, and I've had my tuner for over a year. I've never had a problem updating it until this tme.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Well Superchips is closed until January 3, 2011 due to the holidays.. Some customer service. I can see being closed a few days around x-mas, but all the way through 1/3/11?? I mean, come on. Well every time I try to tune my rig it says I need to update and to visit superchips.com. So every time I "update" it says that the calibration for my vehicle is not supported and that it has been sent to their "engineers" for analysis in which they will email me a calibration "when it is available." Not to pry, but SERIOUSLY?? This device is a total POS if you ask me. Total waste of $300+ and of my time. I know there are many who have benefited greatly from it, but so far I am not impressed with the flashpaq or superchips in general. Just the fact that I have to wait over a week to get some assistance from them is outrageous. What if my jeep didn't start like some others have experienced with the flashpaq? So if that were the case, then no transportation for a week? Sorry for venting out my frustrations but this is a tad bit ridiculous. It is flashpaq model 3875 specifically for Jeep, so there is no reason why there shouldn't be a calibration installed on the tuner for my vehicle, an 08 6spd. What a joke.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a good, device, something went buggy. Be Patient. They'll make it right. It's worth having it on. Technology isn't a perfect science, be glad it didn't brick your Jeep in the process. Go spend some time with some family and enjoy the break.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Yeah I guess you're right. I was just pretty excited about the flashpaq and it's a bummer it doesn't work correctly. But yes technology can be a PIA at times.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm still waiting on my verification email. Just waiting, and waiting, and waiting... just want to play with my new toy.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by animated_robot
I'm still waiting on my verification email. Just waiting, and waiting, and waiting... just want to play with my new toy.
Yea I was waiting for a few minutes in my gmail account. Then I used the search feature and typed in "superchips" and for what ever reason the email was buried somewhere in my gmail account and it came right up when I searched for it! Try that!!
Old 12-25-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have to admit that this is why I haven't got one....Seems it works for some people and others seem to say it's snake oil...I was looking into one of these last year but at that time there were lots of downloading glitches, I guess I'll wait ANOTHER year until the glitches (that still seem to still be there) get worked out...

Quick Reply: Why won't my superchips work?? Tried EVERYTHING