Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

EMERGENCY! NEED HELP! Death Valley NP area Jeepers!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks WOL! I believe you are in LA. I don't want you to drive all the way here. We got a tow track guy in Lone Pine that would bring a new battery -- he thinks the battery went bad because of all the bumps. He said he's seen it millions times. So, hopefully he's right (I think that's possible -- I think I've read about it here). If anything worse than that, we might need your help (someone knowledgeable person) to see what's wrong , but otherwise I don't want you to come up just for the battery or the fuse thing. I'll let you know how it went.

I wish there is someone here that is like you guys! Not even a single person incl. any of the Park Ranger would want to help -- they say that their trucks won't be able to get there and/or tow it. I'm sure WOL and Toad have been there to Racetrack which is long but basically a gravel road -- not a true 4x4 trail that needs to have a modified Jeep.

We were on Titus Canyon yesterday before headed to Racetrack and there was a German couple with SUV (rental) that had a flat tire. Of corse, like any Jeepers, I helped them out changing the tire... happily. I guess most of the people aren't like that.

Thanks again everyone for the support!

Last edited by moun10eer; 09-10-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by moun10eer
Thanks WOL! I believe you are in LA. I don't want you to drive all the way here. We got a tow track guy in Lone Pine that would bring a new battery -- he thinks the battery went bad because of all the bumps. He said he's seen it millions times. So, hopefully he's right (I think that's possible -- I think I've read about it here). If anything worse than that, we might need your help (someone knowledgeable person) to see what's wrong , but otherwise I don't want you to come up just for the battery or the fuse thing. I'll let you know how it went.

I wish there is someone here that is like you guys! Not even a single person incl. any of the Park Ranger would want to help -- they say that their trucks won't be able to get there and/or tow it. I'm sure WOL and Toad have been there to Racetrack which is long but basically a gravel road -- not a true 4x4 trail that needs to have a modified Jeep.

We were on Titus Canyon yesterday before headed to Racetrack and there was a German couple with SUV (rental) that had a flat tire. Of corse, like any Jeepers, I helped them out changing the tire... happily. I guess most of the people aren't like that.

Thanks again everyone for the support!
really, it's not a problem and i'd be more than happy to come out to help. heck, i've even got a spare battery that's brand new that i can bring as well if it's needed. my only thing is that i can't come out today as i need to pick up my son from school later on this evening. needless to say, please let me know if you still need the help and i can make my way up first thing in the morning.

eddie
Old 09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Glad to hear you guys got the issue more or less resolved. I too, would have been happy to lend a hand. Let us know how the recovery and post pictures if you have them and/or if they're not TOO embarrassing. I hope you guys are able to get some rest now!

Russ D.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default re

keep this on top till someone close sees it. Best of luck to you. If you were in Maine, I would be there...
Old 09-10-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
really, it's not a problem and i'd be more than happy to come out to help. heck, i've even got a spare battery that's brand new that i can bring as well if it's needed. my only thing is that i can't come out today as i need to pick up my son from school later on this evening. needless to say, please let me know if you still need the help and i can make my way up first thing in the morning.

eddie
Course you'll have to take the camera and document the daring rescue. Plus, you know you'll need to wheel somethin somewhere.....
Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by moun10eer
... We were on Titus Canyon yesterday before headed to Racetrack ...
Titus Canyon is an awesome drive, even if not a wheeling challenge (did it in my 2WD Ford Pick-up a few years ago). Since I'm retired, if you were someplace I could help out in a day, I'd be there, too. But, it's a wee bit far from Oklahoma. Anyway, good luck getting things worked out. I included you in my prayers today.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Emergency bump.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

bump bump bump
Old 09-10-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Heatstroke bump!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Jedi

Iam PM him now

Quick Reply: EMERGENCY! NEED HELP! Death Valley NP area Jeepers!