Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchips 'Easy Update' NOT easy! Not helpful

Old 04-01-2011, 10:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Superchips 'Easy Update' NOT easy! Not helpful

I have been a fan of Superchips since I did the tune on my JK, this is changing, I needed some warranty work done and reset my JK to stock, the dealer changed some of the settings, now I need an update.

Easy update is not easy. Called Superchips, they blamed my computer and firewall, installed the update on a computer with High Speed internet, no firewall, still the computer won't register the device...I have tried everything they suggest... Absolutely not helpful on the phone...basically it is completely useless at this point.

Any suggestions out there, besides go to a different programmer?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 PM
JK Freak

No issues here using Windows XP installed on a Mac. I tried using it with Windows 7 but it was glitchy.

I don't have anti-virus installed and I also make sure Windows Firewall is turned off from the Services panel.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsears
No issues here using Windows XP installed on a Mac. I tried using it with Windows 7 but it was glitchy.

I don't have anti-virus installed and I also make sure Windows Firewall is turned off from the Services panel.
Thanks, I have no antivirus on the computer, firewall is off and in the update box it says successful server connection and No devices connected...I have tried all USB ports...thanks again...I am surprised this doesn't work...I have never had other trouble like this.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by utahcrawler
the update box it says successful server connection and No devices connected...I have tried all USB ports...
I had the same issue. My computer said NO device connected. I unplugged the cable at the programmer (not the computer) and reinserted, then the computer found the device.

My programmer appeared to be properly connected but apparently not.
Once the cable was firmly reinserted..........no problems.

It's worth a try.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

when I tried to up date mine the usb port kept timeing, out never seen this before using xp and high speed internet
Old 04-02-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
x2 on unplug at the programmer and replug. Mine wasn't wanting to pick up. Running windows 95 btw.
Windows 95? What the hell man!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys I will boot everything up again on my PC and try unplugging at the programmer, (I am now on a Mac...as you are aware superchips= not Mac friendly)
Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by utahcrawler
thanks guys I will boot everything up again on my PC and try unplugging at the programmer, (I am now on a Mac...as you are aware superchips= not Mac friendly)
Can you update with a mac? That's all I have and I use the Mac os.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Are you using the cable that came with the Superchip to connect to the Computer?

I ask because I had the same problem. Change the cable to the one that came w/ superchip and it worked.

Also go to their Forum there is a lot of info there.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tuto
Are you using the cable that came with the Superchip to connect to the Computer?

I ask because I had the same problem. Change the cable to the one that came w/ superchip and it worked.

Also go to their Forum there is a lot of info there.
X2. If you are like me you have a ton of those USB cables around. At first I didn't even open the cable that came with the device, just used one I had on my desk. It wouldn't update. I then used the USB that came with the flashpaq, and the update worked. Don't know if it's coincidence or not, but it's worth a try. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Superchips 'Easy Update' NOT easy! Not helpful