Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Factory tires with 4" lift?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory tires with 4" lift?

Hey everyone! Im new to the forum and pretty new to the jeep world. I had a 2dr '07 for a few years but I bought it with some mods already on it. I recently purchased a 2012 jku (needed the 4 doors for the baby) and im itching to do something to make it un-stock. I went to Les Schwabb and got a quote for a 2" front, 1" rear lift just to level it out a little and some 33 mountaincat by dick cepek tires, and 17" raptor wheels in black. All of it will run me about $2,800. After thinking on it a little more, im considering doing the 4" lift that i also quoted while i was there, still getting the rims but keeping my stock tires since from what I read, theyre almost 32's anyway and I can run those into the ground and upgrade to the bigger mud tires in the future when I get a little extra cash. Basically the price of the 4" lift would replace the price of the tires but then i wouldnt be wasting the $300 on the little leveling kit and getting the lift I really want. My question is, would it look really lame to run the factory wrangler tires with the black rims on a 4" lift? Or should i do the leveling kit for now and get the nicer tires?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

I have a 4" long arm lift with the stock wheels and tires. The jeep behind me I believe has a smaller lift and bigger tires. I was ok with the tires at first but playing in the snow and playing at the local off road park with some friends. The tires now look small to me and I am seriously looking at some tires.

If you have a sport your tires are a little smaller. If you can live with it
So the question is do you get tires to match your lift or a lift to match your tires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big lift small tires.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	295404
Old 03-25-2012, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the pic. Your jeep looks really awesome! Ive been searching trying to get a visual of what it would look like and I think i could definitely live with that. I was kinda leaning more toward the 4" lift anyway since once I put on the bigger tires in the future it will feel like getting another little "lift" on it. I really appreciate your help
Old 03-25-2012, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pjohn
i have a 4" long arm lift with the stock wheels and tires. The jeep behind me i believe has a smaller lift and bigger tires. I was ok with the tires at first but playing in the snow and playing at the local off road park with some friends. The tires now look small to me and i am seriously looking at some tires.

If you have a sport your tires are a little smaller. If you can live with it
So the question is do you get tires to match your lift or a lift to match your tires.

[attach=config]295404[/attach]
you blend in with that jacket on.
When was the last time you guys got snow?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by oxdeenaxo
Thank you for the pic. Your jeep looks really awesome! Ive been searching trying to get a visual of what it would look like and I think i could definitely live with that. I was kinda leaning more toward the 4" lift anyway since once I put on the bigger tires in the future it will feel like getting another little "lift" on it. I really appreciate your help
No problem. So what lift are they offing you?

Originally Posted by RUBI-VET
you blend in with that jacket on.
When was the last time you guys got snow?
It's my snowboarding jacket so I can hide from those skiers This snow run was on the 3/24 Prior to that there was a big storm the week of the 12th. The snow is about an hour away from me. We were about 5 min away from the Rubicon.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

[QUOTE=Pjohn;2925639]No problem. So what lift are they offing you?

Im not exactly sure but Im going up there today to talk more about options. If I go for the 4" for about the $1400 (price included installation) range do you have any suggestions on what brand to go with? Sorry if I sound totally clueless...I kinda am but Im trying .
Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=oxdeenaxo;2926145]
Originally Posted by Pjohn
No problem. So what lift are they offing you?

Im not exactly sure but Im going up there today to talk more about options. If I go for the 4" for about the $1400 (price included installation) range do you have any suggestions on what brand to go with? Sorry if I sound totally clueless...I kinda am but Im trying .
I don't know much about Less Schwabb and lifts. I didn't know they offered them. I don't have any brand to recommend. Do your research. I am pretty sure you need a front drive shaft and maybe some exhaust spacers at the least.

Are you a pavement pounder, light off roader, medium, or hard core is what you should ask yourself when trying to decide. Get something that fits your needs.

Last edited by Pjohn; 03-26-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

We were about 5 min away from the Rubicon.[/QUOTE]

you guys are so lucky! we really need trails around here like that it's not like we have a shortage of land just an over abundance of hippie Prius drivers.

Quick Reply: Factory tires with 4" lift?