Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

U Connect

Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mister ed
Thank you sir. So it isn't just plug and play with one of those $1 mics?

Sent from my thingy.
Yes it is....what are you seeing that makes you think that? those have the connector that you will look for....

I prob sent too may pics...I was getting Frustrated with pics i was trying to load and get error, too big...change it and same thing...lol...so it sent some that is sored...lol... I have to set my phone to low resolution for this site to handle it...lol

i was gonna send a pic of the steering wheel wiring so you have an idea and see why the wheel has to come off...and harness has to be reaarnged.....
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

I don't think if I asked anyone in here if they been to some of these sites that have all kinda of info on MyGig....

The Main Site which isn't related to any company.
The UnofficialMyGig Site: http://www.mofv.com/mygig/

And it seems to be Down again....

This happens all the Time....I think he didn't pay his bill again...lol

There is a guy on there, SOX, that gives out username and password to a storage site and you can go download Software updates , Gracenotes etc...

No Nav

http://www.mofv.com/mygig/

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - MyGIG Multimedia Infotainment System radios
Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the pics didn't pop up on my phone earlier. On the comp I can see what you're talking about. Like I said...not too worried about the steering wheel controls for now. I have long arms radio buttons work fine.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Just to show ya i bought those...here is a pic i took of them...and not sure who is who, but pics from your profile....lol

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...P021RlDYdUeZYw
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

All the pics didn't pop up on my phone earlier. On the comp I can see what you're talking about. Like I said...not too worried about the steering wheel controls for now. I have long arms radio buttons work fine.
Is that your Boy in the pic as Avatar? and who dat be on my monitor behind that new amp??? lol...tell me to delete when you have seen it ok?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Didn't get a chance to see what you were talking about. And yeah that's our little terror. Turns 3 tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Didn't get a chance to see what you were talking about. And yeah that's our little terror. Turns 3 tomorrow.
Dude, He is just too cute with that expression on his face....was that for Dad, maybe picking with him and Mom had camara????? or am I way off??
Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

That was just one of his many faces that I caught. I always catch the candid shots...momma isn't good at working her phone. Lol.

Sent from my thingy.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a 2009 Sahara with the regular radio (Not a nav unit) and I have the uconnect button. When I push it I get the standard "not equipped" message. Is there a way to buy the 1$ mic without the nav. unit? I haven't checked the letters in the bottom right side, but I will when I get home. I have looked and I can't find the answer to this.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 5280transplant
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a 2009 Sahara with the regular radio (Not a nav unit) and I have the uconnect button. When I push it I get the standard "not equipped" message. Is there a way to buy the 1$ mic without the nav. unit? I haven't checked the letters in the bottom right side, but I will when I get home. I have looked and I can't find the answer to this.
Let us know the sales code, but I am pretty sure you would need to add a uconnect module. Unfortunately, they are expensive.

Quick Reply: U Connect