Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Passenger's Side Floor Wet

Old 05-15-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have water dribbling down my a-pillars and resting above the vents. Last night we had heavy rain and my floors are flooded, water went down my dash and into my defroster panels. I always wonder where the hell it is coming from. It comes out between the two a-pillar panels and doesn't seem to start at the top of the pillar?

It's not a real big deal right now, but its getting worse and worse. I just carry a shamwow with me to soak it off my rubber floors. The soft top is 10000 times worse.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this problem also. I must have been lucky just took one trip to the son of biscuit eating dealership that always want to sell me something. They did finally admit that the "water guy" had submitted ~300$s worth of materials. It looks like I had my windshield reglued, clearly had new stiffer door seals, some foam parts added to the corners and looks like some silicon finger prints around the doors and a pillers.

least my socks dont get wet as much now.

yet i still enjoy this dang jeep...
Old 05-15-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

I had the water guy work on my jeep many times and he can't get it to leak lol. I drive away and a few minutes later water drips down my tailgate window and my a pillars lol. This is with the hard top!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At first my '10 did not leak (that I could tell), then one day I was washing it and water dripped on passenger side, and some on the driver side. Dealer worked on the weather stripping at top of A-frame.

No leaking for a while, but now I've discovered wet carpet and dry mats on the passenger side twice in the last couple of weeks -- once after driving on the interstate in a hard rain and again yesterday after the Jeep was sitting out in a light to moderate rain for a few hours. I'll call the dealer the week before my next oil change and have him look at it again.

Planning on testing myself the next time I wash the Jeep, but I don't know if I'll every have a day that isn't raining and/or cold.

It appears to be coming from a seal problem somewhere between the top of the A-frame and a little farther down the front edge of the door. This last time water had not dripped onto the door handle as before, but was running much closer to the lower door hinge, then behind the plastic trim at the bottom of the foot well, and onto the carpet.

Thom
Old 05-16-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep that is what mine is doing as well. I will have to pin-point the leak and see if I can get some new seals for it or a at home remedy.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Charlie Mike
Looks like Jeter was right. Found water dripping down the a-pillar. I put a hose on the roof just behind the top right corner above the a-pillar and saw water dripping down to under the floor mat. Any products I could use to seal up this leak? Or should I just take it to the dealership?
Do you think it would warrant pulling the drains or even making a new one yourself by that area it comes down to?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I have water dribbling down my a-pillars and resting above the vents. Last night we had heavy rain and my floors are flooded, water went down my dash and into my defroster panels. I always wonder where the hell it is coming from. It comes out between the two a-pillar panels and doesn't seem to start at the top of the pillar?

It's not a real big deal right now, but its getting worse and worse. I just carry a shamwow with me to soak it off my rubber floors. The soft top is 10000 times worse.
Knock on wood I hope I don't have this crap start with me
Old 05-16-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Both sides do it in my '08. I pulled the front corners of the door seals out of the channel, about 3/4 inch top and bottom. Right where it bends.. No leaks and doesn't leak anywhere else....
Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jrobertson2826
Both sides do it in my '08. I pulled the front corners of the door seals out of the channel, about 3/4 inch top and bottom. Right where it bends.. No leaks and doesn't leak anywhere else....

Really?? I have to try this! But gotta make sure the seal doesn't come off. You just remove the corner and let it hang instead of sitting in the channel right?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

I just did the front corner toward fronts of doors.. Right were the bend is pulled 3/4 inch on top and 3/4 inch goin down the fronts of windows. So my seal NEVER has came out.. You just want to barely pull out the seal. All it does is makes the front corner seal meet the top of the soft top. The water still runs down the front channels! Was worried abit about water gettin behind seal and rusting door, but with all the rain we've had here in IN no issues!! Will try and take pic!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1433
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	160963  

Last edited by jrobertson2826; 05-16-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Passenger's Side Floor Wet