Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ACE rear bumper!

Old 11-23-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a few spy shots of ACE engineering and fab's new rear bumper today while at their facility. They said its going to be on sale soon!

Kinda neat: holds up to 40 inch tires, has high lift jack mount, will have CB antenna mount, factory fog light provisions, hitch receiver and will feature other widgets that can be added on, according to Adam.

Best of all, it swings open with the tailgate while still getting all it's support off the bumper.

Here are a few pics I managed to get... It will be powder coated but this was a production ready part. Adam said it might be around the mid $600 range for bumper and carrier.

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 11-23-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Old 11-23-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the price point, but their styling is too blocky and industrial for my tastes. If I get another rear bumper, it will be another LoD rear, that's my favorite style-wise.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. Too chunky looking without smooth lines. But if it comes in at $600 they will sell a ton of them! They are definitely trying to supply things at excellent price points. Love their sliders on my rig!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:12 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Got a few spy shots of ACE engineering and fab's new rear bumper today while at their facility. They said its going to be on sale soon!

Kinda neat: holds up to 40 inch tires, has high lift jack mount, will have CB antenna mount, factory fog light provisions and will feature other widgets that can be added on, according to Adam.

Best of all, it swings open with the tailgate while still getting all it's support off the bumper.

Here are a few pics I managed to get... It will be powder coated but this was a production ready part. Adam said it might be around the mid $600 range for bumper and carrier.
Thanks for the pictures/update. I've been waiting to see what the final product looked like. Is the hitch integrated into the bumper? I thought I had read somewhere that the plan was to allow the bumper to accomodate factory hitches.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MTG
Thanks for the pictures/update. I've been waiting to see what the final product looked like. Is the hitch integrated into the bumper? I thought I had read somewhere that the plan was to allow the bumper to accomodate factory hitches.
I took a close look and it's integrated into the bumper. I think Adam mentioned that it tows the same as the factory one.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks Bullet Proof! It will be interesting to see how much it ultimately goes for.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

It looks really wide. Too bad you didn't have a tape measure with you. I would like to compare the width to a stock bumper.

Chris, who's jeep is that in your avatar

Thanks for taking the pictures man. Your post on the sliders was the reason that i bought them for my my 2 door. Good recommendation. Very happy with them.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by newbiejeeper
It looks really wide. Too bad you didn't have a tape measure with you. I would like to compare the width to a stock bumper.

Chris, who's jeep is that in your avatar

Thanks for taking the pictures man. Your post on the sliders was the reason that i bought them for my my 2 door. Good recommendation. Very happy with them.
That pic was my dumba$$ trying out my new snorkel and getting stuck lol! thought it would be an entertaining picture if nothing else

ACE is local to me and Adam's a really nice guy. I'm all for supporting the home team! Plus they really come up with functional, tough as nails yet affordable stuff. I personally don't mind the blockiness of their bumpers. It kinda goes with the look of my JK.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

you should ask adam if theyre going to make a version without that hitch receiver. i love this bumper, and i suspect i'll get it either way. But I will probably cut that thing off, its right where my dogs would jump into it and I walk into it anytime I wanted to put stuff in back

Quick Reply: ACE rear bumper!