Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CRD Jeep JK Wrangler Pics!!!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diesel will happen !! 2007 is a real shakedown year for diesel as the fuel is changing to ULSD (ultra low sulfur diesel) and manufacturers are adding DPFs (diesel particulate filters) and a form of EGR to the exhaust chain.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

well i guess the question is more of "when are crds going to be available" then.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe I missed it but is the CRD going to be the 3.0 V6 or the 2.8 I-4 from the Liberty? The Jeep press releases talk about the 2.8 being used for export Jk's.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default CRD Wrangler in US

I'm extremely interested in getting a CRD in a Wrangler. Even if I have to swap one into my existing Wrangler to run BioDiesel and get better mpg.
I find the 2.8 vs. 3.0 emissions comments very interesting. I'll have to check into that more.
I think I could get any of them to pass the emissions if I put the BlueTec ureasystem on it, where the heck would I find those parts?

I could see this turning into one of those "Cost-Way-More-Than-I'll-Ever-Save" projects.

The mpg winner is the 2.8L 4 cylinder, and then I could tweak it for more power.

On the other hand the 3.0L V6 is a Mercedes diesel and will last longer than me! It's quieter, more powerful, and must be a direct bolt-on for the BlueTec parts.

I especially like the idea that the Unlimited's are rated for over 6000 bls which means the EPA emissions requirements are less ridiculous.

Oh this could happen... hmmmmm
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GJTJ
Maybe I missed it but is the CRD going to be the 3.0 V6 or the 2.8 I-4 from the Liberty? The Jeep press releases talk about the 2.8 being used for export Jk's.
The 2.8 in the "import wranglers" (from my view) are different from the libertys. E.g., they have another injection system which uses the newest piezo technology. This means more and more precise injections per burning cycle.

This is good for everything making the diesel better.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by joss097
Look at the licence plate, there are from Michigan!
Look closer, they are Manufacturers plates from Michigan. Probably some test engineers. Nice touch with the makeshift "diesel" label, and the "It's a Jeep thing" sticker!

BTW, I saw a lifted CRD Rubicon on my recent business trip to France. It surprised the heck out of me, since France is filled with tiny, fuel efficient cars! I'll try to post pics sometime (I'm a new poster here).
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

to OP, WHY DIDN'T YOU FOLLOW THEM!? (if that was you taking the pics). and i hope the diesel sounds like a diesel and shit, if prices drop below gas. they will make a killing on these cars.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I call "BOOTY!" on the fact that we can't get these CRDs yet...but if they're still shaking down the technology, I guess you can't blame them. All in due time.
Eddie, I want one too, dog...I want one too!

Russ D.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HarryBallz
Look closer, they are Manufacturers plates from Michigan. Probably some test engineers. Nice touch with the makeshift "diesel" label, and the "It's a Jeep thing" sticker!

BTW, I saw a lifted CRD Rubicon on my recent business trip to France. It surprised the heck out of me, since France is filled with tiny, fuel efficient cars! I'll try to post pics sometime (I'm a new poster here).

Mfg. engineer or test driver aside....Please be sure not to air out your junk while driving your jeep....Unless your female, of course......
Old 03-04-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Dang, get your toes in.

Quick Reply: CRD Jeep JK Wrangler Pics!!!