Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

TeraFlex rear track bar bracket, axle side install

Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TeraFlex rear track bar bracket, axle side install

Got the box from Joe after talking to him about the problem i have been having sence installing the frame side track bar bracket.

So he sent me this bracket and parts to install it and to remove the other one.

Needed 13/16, 9/16, 3/4 sockets and wrenches, a pry bar, jack, 2" wide ratchet strap and a hammer too.

Remove track bar from axle and also remove lower rear control arm bolts.

Leave track bar attached to frame for now.

Get bracket in place, be advised that the stock bracket might need a little bit of adjusting.

Use new that came with kit and spacer for orginal track bar mount. Then get ubolt installed .

Now get lower rear control back into place and put stock bolt back through the new bracket and stock stuff. Might need ratchet strap here.

\

Now bolt track bar in to position and will nee ratchet strap here.

Now jack up right rear and get tire off for access.

Remove teraflex frame mount bracket and track bar.

Install track bar in stock location.

Torque all to proper specs listed on install instructions and check in a 100 miles.

My problems caused by this bracket.

This is for you Joe, Thanks lots
Kat
Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was different about your setup that others aren't experiencing this shock damage from your original TF track bar bracket/bolt I see you have a 2.5" BB but do you have the rear bump stops installed that come with the kit ?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

i had the same exact thing happen with my BDS 3" kit and trackbar drop braket I have since flipped my shocks and solved the problem, but in order to avoid the carnage I have seen as of late I just ordered the braket as well.

Question I have is; Do I need to remove my drop bracket or keep the drop bracket? What setting do I need to put the track bar in, 1st,2nd, 3rd hole. I do not have an adjustable, I have the stock trackbar? Anyone know for sure.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Dwikto
i had the same exact thing happen with my BDS 3" kit and trackbar drop braket I have since flipped my shocks and solved the problem, but in order to avoid the carnage I have seen as of late I just ordered the braket as well.

Question I have is; Do I need to remove my drop bracket or keep the drop bracket? What setting do I need to put the track bar in, 1st,2nd, 3rd hole. I do not have an adjustable, I have the stock trackbar? Anyone know for sure.
FYI some shocks can not be flipped, this can cause them to leak. Get rid of the drop bracket. The lower hole is for smaller lifts. the top hole is for 4"-6" lifts.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am assuming this bracket is only for Jeeps with a lift?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

The guys gave me a ration of Sh#t for leaving the boots on my shocks. Now that I know Im not the only one, their stayin on!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
FYI some shocks can not be flipped, this can cause them to leak. Get rid of the drop bracket. The lower hole is for smaller lifts. the top hole is for 4"-6" lifts.
Yeah 10-4 i should have mentioned that I switched to a gas shock that can be mounted upside down. So to confirm, drop the bracket and use bottom hole.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Dwikto
Yeah 10-4 i should have mentioned that I switched to a gas shock that can be mounted upside down. So to confirm, drop the bracket and use bottom hole.
YES!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

might i just say then David at Northridge4x4 thanks for working with me once again and it is always a pleasure, you know how to run a business!

Quick Reply: TeraFlex rear track bar bracket, axle side install