Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

No power

Old 03-03-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power

Hello,

I have a 2dr 08 rubi running on Xtreme all terrain procomp 35s and spare. I drove my family to Okanagen BC. A lot of times the hwy was a long stretches of hill, with a speed limit of a 100kkms. Most of the times I was being tailgated by other drivers as I was struggling to get up the hill, only driving at 80kms, not driving the speed limit. I have always been driving a manual transmission and even down gearing will not work to get my speed up. I have been advised to have my gears changed to 5:13s. Can someone please advise me if this appropriate, name brand and if I would also need the setup package?

Thank you and much appreciated!
Gerald
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gmorales
Hello,

I have a 2dr 08 rubi running on Xtreme all terrain procomp 35s and spare. I drove my family to Okanagen BC. A lot of times the hwy was a long stretches of hill, with a speed limit of a 100kkms. Most of the times I was being tailgated by other drivers as I was struggling to get up the hill, only driving at 80kms, not driving the speed limit. I have always been driving a manual transmission and even down gearing will not work to get my speed up. I have been advised to have my gears changed to 5:13s. Can someone please advise me if this appropriate, name brand and if I would also need the setup package?

Gerald
cross the border to washington and hit up northridge
Old 03-03-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gmorales
Hello,

Gerald
Driven the Connector highway several times with my JKU and no issues at all. Get a superchips to add a little punch and plan your shifts, don't wait till the last second and watch your JK struggle then downshift, downshift well in advance if you see a good size climb on the Connector Highway and get your RPM's up to carry your speed up the hill! 4th gear has done well for me keeping 120km/hr up those hill climbs and I have 3:73 gears vs your 4:10's. I just don't really see how you are having that much of a problem with the Connector with your 6spd....if it was a Auto I can see it!

Edit: With your 6spd...go with 4:88's if you decide to re-gear if you are sticking with 35's as your biggest tire.

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 03-03-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2

cross the border to washington and hit up northridge
X2 northridge is awesome! Dave wi hook you up!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Search button is your friend.

You'll find some help HERE.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry guys! I haven't replied to anyone. I have been away and now back.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Where is the Northridge in Washington as I'm always there?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We are located in Silverdale , Wa

Zip code is 98383

Let me know if we can help

David

Quick Reply: No power