Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

key-less remote

Old 11-21-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key-less remote

I have a Jeep green 07 Jk unlimited rubicon fully loaded. At times when I try to unlock the doors with the remote. I press once for the driver's door, press twice to open all the other doors, but nothing happens. So I try to open the other doors by using the driver's door switch, but that does'nt work. So I press down to lock the doors, and then up, the doors all open. Anybody have this problem with their key-less entry?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have not had the problem that you described. I did reprogram my locks so that one click of the remote unlocks all of the doors.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

My '09 occasionally doesn't open at all when I click the remote. Can't figure out if its the remote or the Jeep itself, should probably try the other remote. But I have to open the door with the key, then the alarm goes off, and I have to start the engine quickly to get the alarm to shut off. It happens very rarely but I'm pretty sure its the Jeep itself and not the remote, because the remote then works fine after that.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

how did you program the keyless entry to one click all doors?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by o7jk
how did you program the keyless entry to one click all doors?
The instructions are in your owners manual.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Samboko
My '09 occasionally doesn't open at all when I click the remote. Can't figure out if its the remote or the Jeep itself, should probably try the other remote. But I have to open the door with the key, then the alarm goes off, and I have to start the engine quickly to get the alarm to shut off. It happens very rarely but I'm pretty sure its the Jeep itself and not the remote, because the remote then works fine after that.
This has happened to me several times now. Someone told me to open the fob, remove and replace the battery, and then it works. I have replaced the battery and it happened again, although infrequently. If I use the key to open the door, the alarm goes off. Very frustrating. I plan on talking to the dealer about it when I go in next week for an oil change.

Quick Reply: key-less remote