Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011

Old 12-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not know anything about MD Anderson in Houston Texas, I am going to Roswell Park Cancer Institute here in Buffalo, and by everyones account that i speak to this is the best place for me to be. not discounting either, i will contact them and see what they have to say.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KENETH,

http://www.mdanderson.org/patient-an...oma/index.html

THEY HAVE VIDEOS ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE SCREEN, CHECK IT OUT TO SEE IF IT MAY BE OF INTEREST.

DAN

ps. Mathew 10:27

Last edited by Dwikto; 12-26-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Happy,

The wife and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. And wish nothing but the best for all.

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

Last edited by boots; 12-26-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I do not know anything about MD Anderson in Houston Texas, I am going to Roswell Park Cancer Institute here in Buffalo, and by everyones account that i speak to this is the best place for me to be. not discounting either, i will contact them and see what they have to say.
Roswell is indeed one of the best places. They took good care of my Dad there. I trust they will take good care of you.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Happy--Each day when I sit down to pray, I will include you and your family in my requests to God. We love you, man; you're one of the best things about JK-Forum.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Eternal ***erator

Thank you, for all the prayers and well wishes. I am mostly a private person so i kept this to my friends and family. I didn't keep it a secret, but i didn't really advertise it either. PIAJ asked me if it was ok to do the 50/50 at Rausch. I have always been self sufficient and am NOT the type to ask for handouts, but in looking at my checkbook and the stack of bills, i reluctantly agreed. That money saved my butt, and I sincerely appreciated it.

Eddie mentioned a few times putting something together for me (on JK-Forum) and I politely declined, I was at the time doing ok, and the doctors had listed me as cancer free after the surgery, so i was fairly confident that i would be ok.

Then the denied claims from the radiation started rolling in, 25 treatments at nearly a thousand a pop, etc. and i got overwhelmed. There is simply no way i can pay that, then i found out this crap has spread into my lungs, after i had extensive talks with the doctors that we needed to keep it out of there, cuz' if it got there my chances where slim to non existent.

I have not given up hope, in fact i have dug my heals in even deeper, but I am also not stupid. very few sarcoma patients survive past 10 years. almost none survive past 5 if this gets into the lungs. If they cant stop it, basically i am going to suffocate/drown and there isn't anything anyone can much do about it.

I will fight that happening with every bit of energy i have. I have a wonderful wife and a beautiful baby and three young women who need me to take care of them, and I will do just that with all that I am, for every second i have.

I can not tell you all how much I appreciate the donations. In a way they help me, but mostly they will help my wife find a way to take care of our children and our home. I have a rough battle ahead of that there is no doubt, but she has a rougher one by far for the future with 4 daughters to contend with. She is my angel and i love her more than she will ever know, she is strong and she can do it, but i don't envy her the task.

I am overwhelmed at the support from my friends here on the forum, the generosity of the Jeeping community is second to none, and I am proud to consider myself a member of that crowd. I didn't realize i had so many people who seem to genuinely like me, it is nice to know.

Thank you, all of you, sincerely.
~Ken

EDIT: April read this and she thinks i was unclear as to what I will use these gifts for, they will be used to help me get the medical bills paid, so that April can hopefully manage the rest without needing to worry about them, I hope that clarifies it & I appologize if it wasnt very clear at first.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Eternal ***erator

thank you again everyone, the support means the world to me.

I am pretty weak today, at the tail end of low blood cell counts. I feel like i got hit by a mack truck. Everything aches, it hurts to breath and move. My leg where they did the surgery actually hurts the least out of everything.

did you know you lose hair everywhere? arms, chest, legs, groin.. everywhere. my arms are going bald. In a week or so i'll be slick enough to swim the english channel in an hour flat.

I go back to the hospital tomorrow for another 96hours of chemo. In a way i am looking forward to it because the drugs make me feel better, less nauseous and reasonably pain free, but i am starting to cough & that is frightening, because i know why. I hope the chemo kicks this things ass.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

we're pullin for you go get 'em.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I hope the chemo kicks this things ass.
Me too!
I was told you loose all hair, even in your nose and ears.
You don't have to worry about looking like this guy.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

Or this chick!

Quick Reply: I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011