Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011

Old 03-08-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hows it hanggin happy, its been a while since you gave us an update?
Old 03-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello everyone,

I guess overall I am doing ok. I dont "feel" sick. The only thing i really feel most of the time, is exhaustion.

I am extremely tired most of the time, by the time i get done with work I am pretty much spent. I just collapse on the couch after work and have no energy left to do much of anything. It is fustrating as I am not a sit on the couch type of person. I am really sick of TV, reading, and most times I am sick of the internet. I do it to much to occupy myself & it just gets old. Fighting that fatigue and still getting up and doing things with my wife and little girl is a real struggle sometimes.

I get occasional sharp stabbing pains in my right side ribcage (2-3x per day), like someone jabbed me with a screwdriver. It subside quickly but brings tears to my eyes when it happens. That is a new development, and frankly it scares the hell out of me as the tumors I am currently fighting are in my right lung. I just dont know what is going on in there, and not knowing sucks.

I get a dose of steroids every two weeks. Not sure if they are helping but they give me a seriously bad case of acne on both sides of my nose. Hurts like hell until it subsides and I look like Rudolph.

Most of my hair is gone again. I havent had to shave in two months. It just doesnt grow. (no complaints there)

I have two more doses of chemo, then I go back for another set of CT scans on the 21st. I will find out then if the tumors are dead, dying, the same, growing, or spreading. I just dont know what is going on in there and I would really rather know, than to not know. Not knowing is the worst.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Eternal ***erator

Me & my mini-me

Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

look at that smile, you made a great kid.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Eternal ***erator

I hope all of the good parts of me, and none of the bad are behind that smile
Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Keep you head up, I can't imagine how much it sucks directly but I do understand indirectly. You have been given a fighting chance, and your journey is inspiring on how strong a person can be. Stay strong, stay positive, and keep on fighting. Not all are given a chance. I know all to well unfortunately.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That there is one beuatiful reason to keep up the fight Ken. Hope all is well.
Well you know what I mean. I had chemo yesterday and am suffering todays effects and you sure look a whole lot better than me right now. Keep on fightin dude !
Getting ready to go see the PET result to see where we are at. I'll write you later.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

HappyCurmudgeon

Wow! I only know you by your posts and what people on the thread have to say, but the courage and fight that you show is truly awe inspiring. I worked at M D Anderson Cancer center in Houston Texas for 6 years. Even though I have seen a lot of courageous people throughout those 6 years I am still overwhelmed by the spirit you show.

"It is not only through your strength that you live, but its through your strength that others learn to live"

Best wishes & God Bless
Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

HappyCurmudgeon, my heart and prayers go out to you and yours. A Newbie to the forum and a enthusiast in life. I commend your strength and fortitude, you have touch me and so many others. I wish I could meet you. Being from upstate myself, I would so relish a meeting with such a man. May God continue to grace you and yours!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by Bmorejeep08
That there is one beuatiful reason to keep up the fight Ken. Hope all is well.
Well you know what I mean. I had chemo yesterday and am suffering todays effects and you sure look a whole lot better than me right now. Keep on fightin dude !
Getting ready to go see the PET result to see where we are at. I'll write you later.
I hope you had awesome news

The pic above was taken on my 3 month break from chemo. I dont look so well at the moment. I have lost about 10-15 pounds since then & my hair is gone again.

bald is in right? *L*

Quick Reply: I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011