Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011

Old 12-25-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My prayers go out to you. We wheeled together back at JK fest the year before last.

The year before my wife was suddenly diagnosed with Leukemia and we have been fighting through it since. The one thing I have learned, is never take top level numbers or any prognosis you are given at face value.

I remember you were somewhere outside of Buffalo so I also hope that you have the ability to go to a top level center.

The most important thing I also learned is when you life is on the line to seek out the top place in the world for the specific fight you have. When it was discovered by accident in her by our GP, we were reffered to a local ONC. They had her set to start all sorts of treatment and a surgery for a medi port asap. I started researching like mad and found the realistically the top doctor in the world for her type of Leukemia at MD Anderson in Houston Texas.

They accepted us as a patent where an entire battery of different genetic tests were done. Really light years ahead of what the local ONC had set for her.

She finished treatment this fall, did not lose any hair, did not require a medi-port and her last bone marrow showed zero traces of Leukemia. It's still a long road back for her in recovery but at the end of the day it paid endless dividends in her life to go to where the world center for her type was.

Again, I don't know about who your ONC and everything you are going through. However, you might want to take a look at MD Anderson in Houston. Besides their Leukemia Wing, it is one of the largest focused Cancer places in the country.

They have advances and things that are years ahead of what might be availibile at a local level.

I can not say enough about the facility and personnel there, it has been a life saver and worth the travel.

They also are the only ones besides the Univeristy of Pittsburgh using the Kanzius machine.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm so sorry to hear the bad news. I hope that you are able to get the very best treatment to improve your quality of life and longevity to its fullest potential. My wife works in healthcare, so I know how much the competency of the staff matters to the patient. My thoughts are with you.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

I am a cancer survivor of 12 years now. I won't pretend to understand your situation, but know that others HAVE beaten cancer, both physically and emotionally. I wish you and your family the best in this difficult time.

And, as with many other of your "Jeep friends", if you need anything... don't hesitate to post up.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Have you been to Roswell Park Cancer Center in Buffalo.

I dont know anything about cancer except that Roswell is there as my daughter is a cancer researcher.

I will say a prayer for you even though we have never met, so may our Lord Jesus be with you and we all pray that this is just start for a Merry Christmas!

Don
Old 12-25-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Junkie

HC, we wish you the most painfree experience in the coming months. Use your stubborness to give'em hell!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My prayers are with you...and like others have said, there are many who have beaten this disease or have outlived the doctors prognosis. Keep your head and spirits high!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Ken,
You have my love as a Jeep brother, and the prayers of my family, friends, customers, and church. I dont know what you believe, or where your faith lies, but I believe in the power of prayer....and in great numbers at that.

I would like to send you something if you would let me.
just PM me your mailing address.

God bless you and your new family.
Seek peace and wisdom.

Crash
Old 12-25-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be in my thoughts. My father is a 6 year cancer survivor at Roswell. It is a tough time for all people.

Bless you and your family.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Prayers from our family to you and yours. My wife is a 5 year patient at Roswell. They dont mix words there but are a great team. Fight hard and keep the faith.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Ken

I am not a doctor and I have not had cancer myself... so I am not qualified to understand what you are going through. I can only share the experiences I have had with those that have fought and beat cancer.

Both of my parents are cancer survivors, breast and prostate.

A close friend of our family (<30 year old female) Meg Keating was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer (97% do not surrive her condition) over two year ago. For over a year now the cancer has been in full remission, after much treatment from a skilled medical team. She recently completed the Chicago Marathon! http://yankeerunners.com/runnersoftheweekpage.html

All attribute their recovery to their positive attitude and prayer.

Stay strong, positive and close to God.

Best wishes,

Tom

Quick Reply: I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011