Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints

Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints

So I called Dynatrac and they will have these ball joints available the middle of the month.

However, they have only tested them on Dana 44 axles.

Will the ball joints also fit a Dana 30?

They said the stud is a little longer than stock, so they are worried that the top ball joint stud will hit the u joint on the Dana 30 but they also said if its the same clearance it should work. They just don't know cause they have no tested them on a 30.

Anyone have any idea on this, how the 44 might differ from the 30 in regards to this?

Also it seems silly if they want to sell these ball joints not to test them on a 30 as Im sure a lot of people who want them have an X or Sahara.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

silly? i don't know, i had an opportunity to install a test set on my orange JK and turned it down because i felt that nobody would install a set of $600 ball joints on a dana 30

having said that, i would imagine that these would work and as dynatrac said, the only issue would be one of clearance at the u-joint.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
silly? i don't know, i had an opportunity to install a test set on my orange JK and turned it down because i felt that nobody would install a set of $600 ball joints on a dana 30

having said that, i would imagine that these would work and as dynatrac said, the only issue would be one of clearance at the u-joint.
Why would no one install a set on a Dana 30? I don't need a whole new axle but I sure would like to have a set of ball joints I will never have to replace again..

So you are saying they will press in fine but there is a clearance difference between to 30 and 44 at the u-joint?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Why would no one install a set on a Dana 30? I don't need a whole new axle but I sure would like to have a set of ball joints I will never have to replace again..
i don't know, i guess most of the people i know are looking for a reason to upgrade to a dana 44 or 60

So you are saying they will press in fine but there is a clearance difference between to 30 and 44 at the u-joint?
yes. the knuckles on the 30 and the 44 are the same and these ball joints will press in just fine. the length of them is the concern but, i would imagine that they would fit and that dynatrac is just being cautious.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i don't know, i guess most of the people i know are looking for a reason to upgrade to a dana 44 or 60

yes. the knuckles on the 30 and the 44 are the same and these ball joints will press in just fine. the length of them is the concern but, i would imagine that they would fit and that dynatrac is just being cautious.
Yes they said they think they would fit but they did not want to sell me something that won't fit. They are hoping to test one in the future with a 30 and said to give a call back in a few weeks.

I was just hoping they would fit as my ball joints are shot anyway and I do not want to replace with stock.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they want to try a set on a Dana 30 they can have my JK as test

3 Inch BDS Lift
35x12.5x16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S
16x8 Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels
Custom front Winch Bumper from RoundStar OffRoad
Mopar Offroad Rear Bumper
Oilpan/Tranny skid Plate by Skid Row
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Skyjacker Brake line extenders