Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to get with Tax Return?????

Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get with Tax Return?????

I have a 07 4 dr and am looking for some good recommendations on what to invest in. I currently have a 5.5 rock krawler lift on 35's. Thats basically it. I was looking at the superchips flash and will probably get that but also looking at either exhuast or intake. Any good recommendations would be nice before i blow my whole tax return.
-Thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like you say:

- Exhaust
- Bumpers maybe?
- CAI, (depending on your offroading with the water and what not)

A rough idea of your budget may help aswell

Also superchips, I read good things about them. Thats going to be my next investment
Old 01-13-2010, 04:47 AM
JK Super Freak

How much you got to play with???
Old 01-13-2010, 04:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered a Mopar Offroad rock crawler tire carrier for my mopar offroad bumper. Got it for $418 from my loacl Jeep dealer! THere went most of my tax return.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 what Warlock said.

A little more info on what you have or what direction you would like to take your rig would be of help to offer solid advice.

Depending on how and where you wheel your rig, considering an OBA or a CO2 set up may be something to consider. If you haven't armored your rig up, REAL skid plates (gas tank, transfer case, engine/oil pan) will help protect the vitals as what the factory provided is barely adequate for going over a parking block at the local mall. A solid set of diff covers protect the front and rear diff's while you're wheeling. Myself, my suggestion is look more at mod's that will protect the important parts of your rig. Just a little bit of extra insurance and piece of mind when you take it out. Reallly there is an endless list of things you can get for your rig. Welcome to Jeep, just empty every pocket.

Last edited by kkuntz01; 01-13-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kkuntz01
x2 what Warlock said.

A little more info on what you have or what direction you would like to take your rig would be of help to offer solid advice.

Depending on how and where you wheel your rig, considering an OBA or a CO2 set up may be something to consider. If you haven't armored your rig up, REAL skid plates (gas tank, transfer case, engine/oil pan) will help protect the vitals as what the factory provided is barely adequate for going over a parking block at the local mall. A solid set of diff covers protect the front and rear diff's while you're wheeling. Myself, my suggestion is look more at mod's that will protect the important parts of your rig. Just a little bit of extra insurance and piece of mind when you take it out. Reallly there is an endless list of things you can get for your rig. Welcome to Jeep, just empty every pocket.
Now KKUNTZ you know that the REAL skid plates are already under our jeep. According to WOL we have the best protection we would ever need...trust him....That would just be money wasted.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

I think that bumpers, with good tow points, is always good, I also think that OBA (that way you don't have to go drive to the gas station with your tires at 10 psi) and a winch would be pretty good investments.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

this is the time of year where we are all deciding what to do with our returns. No matter how much we get back...it's never enough. I would like to get front and rear bumpers, but unfortunately I decided to pay off a bill and pad my savings account. But I am probably going to get the new headlights from Northridge as well as the superchips.

Last edited by smcastillo; 01-13-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply: What to get with Tax Return?????