Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Wierdest thing found in air filter box...

Old 01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierdest thing found in air filter box...

So today I was changing out my air filter. I noticed three pieces of dog food in the bottom of the filter box. There wasn't a dead mouse in there, but if it was in there, what a ride it must have had! The wierd thing is it wasn't the same type of dog food that I feed my dogs, so I have no idea when it got in there.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

intentionally placed there to help absorb water when you go too deep?? LOL
Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Haha...gotta love the ingeniousness and ambition of them little rodents huh?
They will pack in a lifetime (or winter's whichever comes first ) of goodies and cloth fibers, leaves...anything they can cozy up their "home" with. Pays to check often on these nooks and crannies. I have heard a dryer sheet (like Bounce) will deter them from using these spaces...
Old 01-22-2010, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bubblehead
So today I was changing out my air filter. I noticed three pieces of dog food in the bottom of the filter box. There wasn't a dead mouse in there, but if it was in there, what a ride it must have had! The wierd thing is it wasn't the same type of dog food that I feed my dogs, so I have no idea when it got in there.
Someone/something, somewhere is gonna be missing a meal!!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's weird cuz I went out to feed my dog last night and she said with a sad face "someone been eating my dog food, I'm missing 3 pieces of food!"
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-23-2010, 01:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your build sheet for #PO-001....the poodle option
Old 01-23-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

I sure would not take finding that kind of thing lightly. I have personally experienced lots of damage from pack rats. They are notorous for chewing up all your wireing, eating firewall insulation to make a nest. Did over 1K in damage to my Excursion.
Have a friend that got a new Camarro and rats have done 1500 in damage to his car. chewed up all the wires and ate the firewall all up.

Id set some traps, set out some rat poisin etc... don't just laugh it off. A little mouse is not putting dog food in your jeep. Its a bigger problem than that. Leave your hood up if its parked outside as they are looking for a warm place to nest. Don't park near any type of food source.

Good luck...

Quick Reply: Wierdest thing found in air filter box...