Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which axle sleeves?

Old 03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which axle sleeves?

Going to put axle sleeves in real soon on my D30 to help beef up the front end with 35s ( I know I know ditch the 30 and get a pro rock 44, don't have that kind of cash) and with all the the different venders out there which one should I go with? I know the EVO magnums have the outer seal and can be seen as a pos or a neg depending on how you look at, and the others with no seals like teraflex etc... So is it safe to assume that all sleeves are created equal and just go with the cheapest priced set?

TIA
Brian
Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

i too would like to know
Old 03-21-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont have sleeves yet, but i plan on going with evo 44 mags. the outer seals are a feature i really like. i cant really see a down side to them. i guess the only bad thing about the evo's are the price. but if youre active duty military. theres 10% discount.

Last edited by Moochie; 03-21-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Blacklisted manufacturer mention
Old 03-21-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I like the RSE Bombshell kit. Might be a bit overkill, but then again, no such thing as overkill for these stock housings...
Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

One thing I don't like about the outer seals like the EVOs have is that if you bust an inner seal, it will be more difficult to detect, thusly putting you at risk of running your R&P at the wrong oil level.

Without outer seals, the signs of a broken inner seal are more obvious.

Just my 2-cents.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by u-joint
One thing I don't like about the outer seals like the EVOs have is that if you bust an inner seal, it will be more difficult to detect, thusly putting you at risk of running your R&P at the wrong oil level.

Just my 2-cents.
That was one of my concerns as well and out of the sleeves they are bit pricey compared to the rest. Is the outer seal worth the extra $
Old 03-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my 2-cents.
The seals on the EVO 44 Magnum Sleeves are not a hydraulic/oil seal. If your axles factory inner seals do go bad and your differential oil does starts to weap out, this oil will still pass through the EVO 44 Magnums sleeves, giving you the warning that you are speaking of.

The EVO 44 Magnum Seals are specifically designed to be a debre seal in order to aid in the prevention and premature failure of this factory inner oil seal.

We specifically designed the EVO 44 Magnum Sleeves to increase the much needed axle strength of the JK and TJ/LJ/XJ as well as give the added benefit of an outer seal. Sleeves without this feature prevent the use of any outer seal indefinitely.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Evolution

The seals on the EVO 44 Magnum Sleeves are not a hydraulic/oil seal. If your axles factory inner seals do go bad and your differential oil does starts to weap out, this oil will still pass through the EVO 44 Magnums sleeves, giving you the warning that you are speaking of.

The EVO 44 Magnum Seals are specifically designed to be a debre seal in order to aid in the prevention and premature failure of this factory inner oil seal.

We specifically designed the EVO 44 Magnum Sleeves to increase the much needed axle strength of the JK and TJ/LJ/XJ as well as give the added benefit of an outer seal. Sleeves without this feature prevent the use of any outer seal indefinitely.
I stand corrected.

Thank you for the clarification... Perhaps I should have done more research myself before I purchased my TF sleeves... As my misunderstanding was the only reason I didn't go with the EVOs. I was afraid it could mask a larger problem....

Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Jedi

I stand corrected.

Thank you for the clarification... Perhaps I should have done more research myself before I purchased my TF sleeves... As my misunderstanding was the only reason I didn't go with the EVOs. I was afraid it could mask a larger problem....

Thanks again.
BUSTED
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

i went with the EVO system its a pvoven product im very happy with the slevees, gussets, and the lower control arm guards .:thumbsup :

Quick Reply: Which axle sleeves?