Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Power Window Problem

Old 02-04-2010, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Problem

Yesterday I had a strange problem with my front power windows; I started the Jeep ('08 unlimited) and tried to lower the front windows, but nothing happened. I tried several times but nothing budged. I tried the rear windows and they worked fine. I flipped the child lock a few times and still got nothing. I turned the Jeep off and turned it back on and the windows worked fine. Any ideas on what happened? I have had the Jeep a couple of years now (25K miles) with no issues.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to a mustang I had. The window wouldn't go up after I had it down. Car had about 15k miles on it. I was going on a first date and ended up having to take another car. I left it down and the next day it worked. It never happened again and I owned the car for 3 more years and put about 35k more miles on it without any issues. In the end, I ended up dating the girl for 2 years and was a horrible relationship with a real biotch. Looking back I think the window not working was a sign, I should have cancelled the date.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

hopefully this is not a sign! it happened at work--maybe i should quit my job!
Old 02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

My dodge company car does wierd stuff like that all the time, must be a Chrysler thing!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

The same thing happened to me with my 2 door a few months ago. It was the only time it has happened. I tried turning it off then back on and they worked right away. I never tried to figure out the cause since it hasnt been a problem since.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

That happened last year on my '08 Sahara, but has happened since. It happened on both the front and rear windows though. I shut off the Jeep at a light, restarted and been fine ever since.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silver rubicon
Yesterday I had a strange problem with my front power windows; I started the Jeep ('08 unlimited) and tried to lower the front windows, but nothing happened. I tried several times but nothing budged. I tried the rear windows and they worked fine. I flipped the child lock a few times and still got nothing. I turned the Jeep off and turned it back on and the windows worked fine. Any ideas on what happened? I have had the Jeep a couple of years now (25K miles) with no issues.
I had the same exact thing happen, once on a sunny day and about 8 months later on a rainy day. A key cycle took care of it both times. First time window was down second it was up.

When I went to the dealer for an oil change I talked with a tech who said the only thing he could think of is that the switch has a temp control so that u can not over load the circuit by using the window a lot. This would in turn burn up the motor. He said this could be tripping and that's why the key cyccle may fix it. I told him I wasn't using the window and then he had no answer. Next time I'll drive it to the dealer and not shut it off.

It is a strange problem
Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Had same problem today on my '08, cycling corrected as well! Very weird!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Happened to me a few months after purchase with 4,000 miles on it. 09 unlimited. happened only once and only the front windows
Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

my 2008 4dr did it the other week, i cycled the key and all 4 windows were still inop, they didnt start working till i pulled the battery cables, i think theres a relay module that controls all 4 window and i guess there pron to glitch's just like every other computer

Quick Reply: Power Window Problem