Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Taped holes under hood cowling???

Old 06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taped holes under hood cowling???

So on my 2010 Unlimited Sport, I found holes on both sides of the cowling/firewall and the one on the passenger side, is taped over and painted. I'm speaking of the oval shaped holes just under the windshiled wiper motor cowling.
The driver's side is open, and there doesn't seem to be any ryhme or reason for it. Am I issing something that doesn't come on the Sport, but does on the other models that would warrant that space to be closed off?

There is also a smaller quarter or half dollar sized hole next to it that is also taped, but not on the driver's side.

I don't have a pic right now, but will get one up later tonight.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:23 PM
kik
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same with my 10 Rubi but they're not painted over. I have a Flame red but the tape is black. Have no idea why. The Rubi has every option you can have so I don't think it's model specific. Probably an urban legend.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably holes used during the manufacture of the vehicle. You will notice several threaded holes on the frame as well as a few other places. These were used for the machinery/robots during the vehicle construction.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I can hazard a guess:

Driver side: for clutch rod

Pass side: for brake and clutch rods for RHD models.

Quick Reply: Taped holes under hood cowling???