Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rant-NTB SUX

Old 03-13-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant-NTB SUX

went to National Tire and Battery today to get my new Nitto Terra Grapplers installed. I went in with a good attitude because i was able to negotiate the price down $35/tire and was getting a decent deal. Guy tells me its gonna take 1 hour. I leave and get back an hour later and its not done. I wait around for another half an hour and ask how long.....another half hour later the guy comes out and tells me he now has to check the alignment. he comes back and tells me that he has to do an alignment for $79.99. I get on the highway and one of the wheels is out of balance. I get back home (40 min drive) and realized that i didn't see the lug nut keys in the jeep. i found one ( i have 2 sets) on the front bumper the other is missing. Now i have to go to NTB on Monday and get another key or have them rip off the old ones and install a whole new set. My 1 hour NTB experience is looking to be a 3.5 hour one by the time this is all over......oh and one more thing...they charged me a "shop fee" of 10% of the labor cost. I did pay for lifetime tire rotations so i think i may just have to go once a week or so just to stick it to em!!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

you would think they would want to keep you as a satisfied customer except for the fact that places like NTB and Pep Boys have staff like a revolving door. In my area i have never seen the same people in the stores for more than a couple months. There was some lady in there having her shocks replaced on a Grand Cherokee and she was sitting on hour 4 when i left. I'm pretty sure i could have done it in the parking lot in 4 hours let alone a shop w/ all the right tools.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:05 AM
JK Super Freak

thats a bummer. im dealing with them right now. i bought my current set from them and im getting my 35s from them on Tuesday $160 a tire for KM2s. the only problem i have had with them is them not picking up the correct tire from their ware house. last year they had ordered me KMs instead of KM2s but that was no big deal, today the guy had told me they would have them up from the warehouse in a few hours but when i went over to get them put on the guy had grabbed a set of all terrains by mistake, this is annoying but its not that big of a deal i just have to wait until Tuesday.

Which NTB did you goto?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Salem NH. I am still trying to deal with them about my lug nuts. PITA. I also was at the one in waltham ma today they suck even more. I have a set of $35 gorilla lock on the wheels and they offered to give me a set of $15 locks off the shelf. I may just have to rotate my tires weekly. and i have 1 year of alignments too that could be at every oil change.......
Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JdTms11
thats a bummer. im dealing with them right now. i bought my current set from them and im getting my 35s from them on Tuesday $160 a tire for KM2s. the only problem i have had with them is them not picking up the correct tire from their ware house. last year they had ordered me KMs instead of KM2s but that was no big deal, today the guy had told me they would have them up from the warehouse in a few hours but when i went over to get them put on the guy had grabbed a set of all terrains by mistake, this is annoying but its not that big of a deal i just have to wait until Tuesday.

Which NTB did you goto?
how the hell did you knock down 35" km2's to 160 each?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Several years ago they snapped the studs off on my Dad's Suburban, 6 or 7 of them, on each of the wheels. waited for him to come pick it up, then told him he would have to pay to replace them (and their cost was outrageous) My dad told them that they could repair them on their dime, or he would take it and do it himself and he would bill them for parts and labor, plus they would be liable for his safety during transport. They tried to tell him they would not release the truck to him (he had already paid for the tires), he said he would call the police.
He got them to admit that the studs snapped while using the impact wrench, at that point the manager finally gave in and fixed what they broke, and no one in my family has ever stepped foot back in one of their stores
Old 03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by o7jk
how the hell did you knock down 35" km2's to 160 each?

i just told them i wanted KM2s in that size and that was the price they gave me lol. i am having problems with them now (natick location) they had picked up the wrong ones last Sunday told me they had to order 3 more and they should have been there this past Tuesday, well they screwed the pooch on that too and i was supposed to have them on today. guess what... not coming until Monday . if the price wasnt so awesome i would be more pissed, but right now im just kind of annoyed. it sucks because i already have sold my current set but obviously cant give them to the guy until i have my new set put on so i have to send him another message telling him it will be a little longer.

I think this is the last time i deal with them
Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

definitely the last time i will deal with them too....on 2nd thought i have to have my tire balanced....... again...i also have to pick up my new wheel locks because they only installed 4 not 5 after they lost the key to the old set. now i will have 3 different keys. RANT Continues........
Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry to hear that man

Quick Reply: Rant-NTB SUX