Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

full doors vs. half doors........

Old 04-15-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full doors vs. half doors........

thinking about purchasing a new jk but was debating on wether or not i should order full or half doors. I was wondering what the advantages and disadvantages of each were such as price, etc.......thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by will21190
thinking about purchasing a new jk but was debating on wether or not i should order full or half doors. I was wondering what the advantages and disadvantages of each were such as price, etc.......thanks
Take this advice and get both!

Half doors Look So great with the top down in Summer and spring, Makes the jeeps feel right!
Full doors are great for winter driving with top up!

I do live in the south and have mild winters! I wish i had got both, i went with the full door and now am paying for it! I want half doors but so expensive!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would go with full doors (unless you want to pay for both like post above, would be great!), but if you just do one, then full.

Full doors are nice to have with the top up and winters. They have reall windows you can roll down for drive throughs. They also are quieter. If you are running with the top off, just take them off and go doorless (That's what I do). Jeep looks its BEST with no top or door IMO.

Either way, glad to hear you are getting a new Jeep, ENJOY!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Full doors for me. I've never understood the difference between half doors and no doors.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AU94
Full doors for me. I've never understood the difference between half doors and no doors.
About half a door... JK buddy!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepTrav
LMAO I love the look of the lines of jk and all jeeps with half doors! don't get me wrong I have full doors but also run doorless most of the time!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Default Re: full doors vs. half doors........

i would get the full doors then purchase bar doors. There are many options out there and a lot less then buying half doors, this way you still get the best of both.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

LMAO!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Half doors are the only way to go.

Full doors on the JK are HUGE and akward. They look horrible with the top down and ruin the whole open top experience. The metal comes up so high on the door that it is awkward putting your arm on the door when driving. Much lower with the half doors. They take up much more room when storing also.

Half doors are tremendously more maneuverable when taking on and off. They have the classic Jeep look.

I have both and only used the full doors for 3 months this year during the winter. I will probably not put them on next year. Ice sticks to the glass and not the half doors. Full doors are a little quieter but not enough to have to deal with all their shortcomings.

also half door jeeps won't have a lot of the electronic gadgetry that full door jeeps usually have like power windows, alarm ,etc. It's more of a true Jeep thing.

Last edited by saltman; 04-15-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with full doors (unless you want to pay for both like post above, would be great!), but if you just do one, then full.

Full doors are nice to have with the top up and winters. They have reall windows you can roll down for drive throughs. They also are quieter. If you are running with the top off, just take them off and go doorless (That's what I do). Jeep looks its BEST with no top or door IMO.

Either way, glad to hear you are getting a new Jeep, ENJOY!!
+1. Half-doors have tremendous emotional appeal, but limited practicality for a daily driver. I would love to have both, but full makes more sense if you can only have one.

Quick Reply: full doors vs. half doors........