Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn off my low tire pressure warning light

Old 05-11-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with the sensors removed, a ProCal can still turn the sensitivity of the reader to zero psi? I am getting new wheels and tires and was wondering if i should set the sensitivity to zero with the stock set up (sensors still on stock wheels) and then install new wheels with regular stems. I experienced the annoying chimes in a rental jeep last year and want to nip this TPMS thing in the bud..............
Old 05-11-2010, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

You will need to replace the TPMS when and if you sell the JK. This is considered a SAFTEY feature from the manufacturer! If you have it disabled and knowingly sell it you may open a big can of worms. And I see you (jk570) are from Pa. It may not pass inspection if it is disabled. Just things to think about.

2007 JK Unlimited 6 Speed 4.10 Gears
3 Inch BDS Lift
35x12.5x16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S
16x8 Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels
Custom front Winch Bumper from RoundStar OffRoad
Mopar Offroad Rear Bumper
Oilpan/Tranny skid Plate by Skid Row
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Skyjacker Brake line extenders
Skyjacker Adj Rear track bar
High Clearance Adj Front Lower Control Arms by RocKrawler
RocKrawler Front Lower Control Arm Mounting Bracket/Skid Plates
Warrior Products Rear Safari Doors
Plenty of ROCKRASH
Old 05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

...just put rims and tires on sans sensors.

...$40.00 a piece for a 'dummy light'. $200.00 w/ spare. not.

...set the aev pro-cal ($150.00 w/free shipping) to 0 psi and we're good to go.

...this is a 'federal law' by the way, but the shop i went to for assembly said as long as i had 'after market' rims he'd leave the sensors off.

...big brother their to guide you along safely in your life because you may be incapable of maintaining proper inflation in your tires.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Depending on what size tires you're running a programmer is still needed to recalibrate your speedometer for the new size. If you don't do this, your speedo will show you going slower than you really are, which could lead to some pricey tickets. I went with the AEV procal because all I needed was to disable TPMS and calibrate my speedo for the 37s. SuperChips will do this and more if you have the extra $$$ to spend.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get the procal ... turn off the light adjust speedo etc... i sold a truck before without tmps monitors without a problem.. i wouldnt worry about it.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rripror
...just put rims and tires on sans sensors.

...$40.00 a piece for a 'dummy light'. $200.00 w/ spare. not.

...set the aev pro-cal ($150.00 w/free shipping) to 0 psi and we're good to go.

...this is a 'federal law' by the way, but the shop i went to for assembly said as long as i had 'after market' rims he'd leave the sensors off.

...big brother their to guide you along safely in your life because you may be incapable of maintaining proper inflation in your tires.
aev procal is the way to go...set max pressure at 0 and min pressure at 0 also...thats what i did...tpms is just a way for someone to make some extra money and avoid a lawsuit because someone can't tell if their tire doesn't have air in it
Old 05-11-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 0311sgt
This is considered a SAFTEY feature from the manufacturer! If you have it disabled and knowingly sell it you may open a big can of worms.
Oh noes! How did anyone survive before 2008?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan L
Oh noes! How did anyone survive before 2008?
I didnt say i agree with it; however to tamper with them may have repercutions. I am lucky and my 07 doesnt have them.

we can all blame the idiots who drove 100 mph through the cali deserts with 5 psi in their tires and then filed suits against firestone and ford.

Quick Reply: Turn off my low tire pressure warning light