Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn off my low tire pressure warning light

Old 04-16-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn off my low tire pressure warning light

Ok I'm a rookie. made a mistake. Sold my stock rims and put on nice ones. But I sold the sensors with the rims. How can I get the warning light off on the dashboard????
Old 04-16-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool

I agree buy the Superchips Flashpaq or another programmer you can get all the extra features that come with the programmers and be able to adjust your TPMS. Just ordered a Superchips Flashpaq for myself this afternoon
Old 04-16-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default flashpaq

on my flashpaq i didnt see anywhere to turn off the tpms only turn down the thresh hold to min of 26 psi? did i miss something i would love to turn the damn things off.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

unless they changed the superchip software recently, you cannot turn the tpms off you can only get it down to 26 psi so completly useless in you case ....

I think it has something to do with the law on tpms......
Old 04-16-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

The easiest thing (and safest) thing to do is install TPMS into the new wheels.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

couple of things from memory so I may be wrong here:

1) you can download the tpms disable option from the superchips web page when you are updating your flashpaq.

2) I seem to recall you have to have the tpms devices installed before you can disable them so if you take them out you can no longer disable.

I'd check this but I don't have my flashpaq handy.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Found it but I wonder if it only works when you are ing 4wd mode

"Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) off-road feature take the basic Superchips TPMS threshold setting features provided in your programmer one-step further. The TPMS Off-Road allows the system to be completely turned off to avoid the annoying alarm. This feature is for off-road use only."

Originally Posted by troyboy

1) you can download the tpms disable option from the superchips web page when you are updating your flashpaq.

2) I seem to recall you have to have the tpms devices installed before you can disable them so if you take them out you can no longer disable.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by troyboy

Troy is right on the first part. You have to download the disable option from Superchips website. On the second part, you don't have to have the TPMS installed before you disable them. My TPMS were long gone before I disabled mine. A Flashpaq will set you right up.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jk570
Ok I'm a rookie. made a mistake. Sold my stock rims and put on nice ones. But I sold the sensors with the rims. How can I get the warning light off on the dashboard????
I did the same thing a week ago. I got used to the warning sounds every time i turned my car. I got the sensors back from the tire shop, now i need them to put sensors in my new tires.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

I just used my superchips to disable my tpms sensors completely. During the initial install it would only bring it down to 26psi, but then I was able to download the program to shut the tpms off completely. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Turn off my low tire pressure warning light