Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

HELP How to remove jack from Jeep Unlimited

Old 05-28-2010, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP How to remove jack from Jeep Unlimited

I cannot for the life of me get my jack out on my Jeep Unlimited. I read through the manual but still cannot find out how this thing comes out. I had a blow out last year and luckily it was close to town where my brother came by with a floorjack. Right now I want to venture up in the mountains but will not chance it without being able to take out the jack. Please if there is anyone who has removed their jack let me know the steps.
Thanks!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The jack is retained by it being 'opened' into the hole. so you need to turn the handle/screw/nut to 'drop' the jack while it is in it's hole. That will loosen it up and it will slide out..
Old 05-28-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need to slightly lower it by turning the end to be able to pull it out. slightly raise the jack to lock it back into place when you are done.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry, I just had to do that.
About a week after we got the JK for wife, I was looking over things and tried to get the jack out. Well after about 1/2 an hour I finally figgured it out. Me, having retired from the Navy as a Senior Chief Gunners Mate, and working full time as an electrician at a large printing facility.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorrel
Sorry, I just had to do that.
About a week after we got the JK for wife, I was looking over things and tried to get the jack out. Well after about 1/2 an hour I finally figgured it out. Me, having retired from the Navy as a Senior Chief Gunners Mate, and working full time as an electrician at a large printing facility.
Just goes to show you us zoomies are smarter (retired Chief Master Sergeant): I had no problems figuring out how to get the jack out. Just don't ask me how long it took to figure out how to turn off the rear dome light in my Jeep.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Turn ignition on/off while pressing the brake three times, jump out run around the jeep 3 times , stop , turn jack knob to left.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Turn ignition on/off while pressing the brake three times, jump out run around the jeep 3 times , stop , turn jack knob to left.

My JK comes with a jack? As in the device for lifting it like to change a tire? Really?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey, that almost sounds like a chinise fire drill we used to do in the early 60's.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Isn't that how you disable the ESP?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Throw in a few jumping jacks for good measure.

Quick Reply: HELP How to remove jack from Jeep Unlimited