Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy VS Bestop Conceal carry drawer pictures

Old 06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wondered what the difference was. i figured tuffy was worth it (as usual) but this blows me away. thanks for the info. it pretty much makes a hands down winner. best top should just stop trying
Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tiburon
Do you know torque setting for seat bolts?
Psht! Kick that thing till it doesn't turn anymore! Get it as tight as possible! Torque setting...what a joke
Old 06-12-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Absolutely no comparison, I will be ordering the Tuffy box!
Old 06-12-2010, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog
Psht! Kick that thing till it doesn't turn anymore! Get it as tight as possible! Torque setting...what a joke
Excuse my ignorance but I'm not a mechanic or engineer. Not meant as a joke, just want to make sure seat doesn't come out of place in an accident. Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll use a breaker bar rather than "kick it".
Old 06-12-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, made my decision easy! I will be getting a Tuffy now. I really wondered how come there was such a difference in price. But the contents are going to be worth more than the $50 premium.

Dave, This is a great idea for future threads..... some back to back photo comparisons of different brands of JK parts and accessories. This would be a way for us consumers to benefit by seeing side by side comparisions.

Last edited by armycop; 06-12-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for the great information Dave- I just canceled my bestop order and ordered a Tuffy from your site.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by armycop
Thanks, made my decision easy! I will be getting a Tuffy now. I really wondered how come there was such a difference in price. But the contents are going to be worth more than the $50 premium.

Dave, This is a great idea for future threads..... some back to back photo comparisons of different brands of JK parts and accessories. This would be a way for us consumers to benefit by seeing side by side comparisions.
Agree 100% with armycop. This is great for all of us not knowing the difference between the two. I think the tuffy box is in my future.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the very helpful comparison!!! Tuffy is a very convincing choice now. It's going on my list.

I am guessing Bestop is more sensitive to safely or at least perceived safety with drawer not opening all the way to knock your feet and inability to take out key unless unit is locked.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Can the Camlock be installed on this?

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...prod=TUFFY-082
Old 06-13-2010, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Beerdette
Can the Camlock be installed on this?

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...prod=TUFFY-082
Yes, I did it. Worth it for when you go for a jog or bike ride and want to leave the keys behind.

Quick Reply: Tuffy VS Bestop Conceal carry drawer pictures