Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy VS Bestop Conceal carry drawer pictures

Old 03-13-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that just sold me on the Tuffy box. Thanks for the compare.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tuffy2

No. there are electronics under the passenger seat that prevent it from mounting it there.
Hi my jk is a 2 door Sahara crd right hand drive, in the united kingdom? I have a tuffy one ordered?
Will it fit my jeep?
Thanks for the info, as long as it fits under my passenger side(your drivers seat?) I will only be keeping
A surefire flashlight, multi tool, wallet, binoculars
Camera etc.

Last edited by Bmickyutah; 03-23-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKCliff
I have the Tuffy...and really like it. It's USA made and well constructed. Used their bolt lock on the right bolt to add peace of mind that no one can just unbolt the seat and get my weapons and wallet. I have fit my fullsize revolver, my semi auto pistol and the JEEP manuals. It's really quite spacious for a underseat drawer.

Highly recommended...
i know this is a bit old, but does a bolt lock for one of the seat bolt come with the under seat drawer? Any one got pics or part number...
Old 07-14-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is kinda an old thread. But does anyone know if a Ruger P95 9MM will fit in the bestop one? Its my first firearm and i have no idea how the size compares to a Sig 40.
Heres the dimension of the Ruger
Length: 7.25"
Width: 1.20"
Height: 5.75"

Bestops site says its
5 3/4” x 2 7/8” so just want to see if it would fit before i buy it. I dont really want to jam the gun in there

I really want the Tuffy one but dont want to spend the extra money if it isnt needed

Last edited by Croce; 07-14-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ordered

I ordered my tuffy drawer a few days ago. Should be here today or tomorrow. After running doorless for the last month I decided I needed more security than the whimpy glove box.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The Be stop works fine for me, and the lock is solid. I carry either a full sized Ruger SR9 or a compact SR9c, with no problem. The lock is solid, too, and the drawer slides smoothly open or clo,m I love Tuffy products, but I've been happy with the Bestop. The Tuffy just wasn't worth more than twice the money to me.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the Bestop box for a birthday present. It works fine. The key and lock are certainly fiddly especially as you're usually trying to unlock the draw by reaching down between your legs, but aside from that it's perfectly functional additional storage.
I don't own a gun. I use my box for storing registration, my more expensive sunglasses and any valuables I want to leave in the Jeep while I'm on the beach.
I recommend it as perfect budget storage.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I did my own write up on the Bestop product.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...kbox-vs.-Tuffy
Old 01-21-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horrocks007
I did my own write up on the Bestop product.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...kbox-vs.-Tuffy
Yeah, it seems like the Tuffy is well worth the money if what you're planning on storing is a larger handgun, for security as well as safety. You can't put a price on safety, there's no doubt about that.

Quick Reply: Tuffy VS Bestop Conceal carry drawer pictures