Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tweey Build

Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweey Build

In the spirit of DIY and amateur fabricators everywhere, I am going to document to some degree my HEEP build.

First the name, tweety, well I picked "the short bus, after the moron that bought it" but more than a few informed me I was being totally insensitive and offensive. I really did / do not see it that way and as the parent of two mentally challenged kids I felt like it was just more of the standard overly warm and fuzzy world, but I gave in anyway and renamed.

Starting point:

Seems fitting eh? My lovely maiden won it out of the claw machine, needless to say that really sealed the deal on tweey over shortbus lol.

Ok, she is only 5'4" and needed them quick. Unimpressed by velcro for years, I was not likely to ever buy production handles, very first DIY project on the HEEP.

I fully intended on building a bumper for it in the spring, one moment of improper attention and a 40 year no accident run was broken, owned the HEEP just at 2 weeks at this time, it was depressing but just sped up bumper production is all, the rest is insured.

Tailgate table:

Wheelwell bag:

New dash panel to mount radio to, needed to be stronger than the plastic and even if re-enforced, it could still come flying when bouncing on a trail or a flop. The plastic simply had to go.

Hella 550 ff's installed.

Not on:

And On:

Still a lot left to go, not as exciting as the lifts and such, but that is on the list as well. I will but that instead of fabbing it and I have a lot more DIY stuff coming, figured I would just update it here in a build thread, never did one before so it will be interesting.

Last edited by LMTD; 01-17-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
JK Freak

very cool. i love DIY stuff, very gratifying. Keep us up to date with the build
Old 01-18-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

That table is badass nice idea
Old 01-21-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Yes...but more

I like it. Very creative and not cookie cutter. I can't wait to see more.

Quick Reply: Tweey Build