Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

DEI 508D Proximity Motion Sensor addition to stock alarm system

Old 03-21-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olsen185
Tach= tachometer (engine speed)

I was trying to think of a way to turn off the motion sensor while the jeep is running. The optimal way would be to use the power and ground that the stock alarm uses, but I'm having a hard time finding that info. I know you just installed the remote, but this is my wife's jeep and she is lazy. If she has to set multiple things it just won't get done. So I am trying to think of ways to deactivate the sensor while the car is running.
Yeah I knew what tach stood for, I guess I was confused how you weere using it or where you would get the signal from (which wire). You can just use the ignition wire to turn off the sensor That is the way I had it before the remote. You can use a relay to turn off something when the ignition is on. The problem arises that when you first enter the vehicle before starting the jeep, the alarm is still on and will go off due to you getting in the jeep. That is where the dome light and diode came from. You can push unlock on your keyless entry and the dome light will come on. So either the dome light or the ignition will switch off the motion sensor. That is why it became complicated for wiring and the remote is much simpler and cleaner.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

My info center had been displaying open gate for a bit now on my used jku. I bought a latch today that didn't fix the problem. Searched the forum and came up with this thread. The detailed info on the gate trigger wire & it's symptoms when it was spliced into led me to a cut in that wire between the doors on the passenger side right underneath the seat belt retract mechanism. A quick splice job and now all my interior lights work correctly. Just wanted to say thanks for a detailed write up.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 AM
JK Newbie

that my friend is awesome
Old 06-10-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Default Camera?

I'm having a lot of trouble with vandalism and would like to wire a DVR camera into the alarm system. Would be possible to connect a DEI 528T Pulsetimer Relay to the second stage trigger of the DEI 508D Motion Sensor to turn on a camera for 60 seconds? I've found some cameras that will immediately start recording when they have power.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GSims
I'm having a lot of trouble with vandalism and would like to wire a DVR camera into the alarm system. Would be possible to connect a DEI 528T Pulsetimer Relay to the second stage trigger of the DEI 508D Motion Sensor to turn on a camera for 60 seconds? I've found some cameras that will immediately start recording when they have power.
You bet. If you can find a camera that will work off 12 volts, shouldn't be a problem.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default Remote Start

Originally Posted by txjeeplover
I really like your write-up and I think installing a 5 prong auto relay could resolve your issue with the false alarm while driving. You could wire the relay so that when ignition current (any switched source that is on only when the ignition is on) is present, the circuit is open and the signal to the oem gate wire doesn't get there. Then when the ignition current is gone, the circuit closes and your the proximity module is allowed to send a signal to the oem gate wire. That would ultimately make this setup a perfect addition to the factory alarm.

BTW, if you have remote start, you have to be careful to find a switched source that's active with remote start and ignition start. After trial and error, I Eventually I found an unused spot in the fuse block that worked.
I also have remote start, can you post the spot in your fuse block you used?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeeper10AJK
I also have remote start, can you post the spot in your fuse block you used?
2014 JKU Rubicon X wiring. Does anyone have the wiring diagram (pinouts write colors) and location of the factory alarm? Where is the trigger wire located in the front? Any pictures would be great as well. Thank you.

Last edited by joecam; 08-03-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Blown 3 Fuses

I installed a switch and the relay. I keep on blowing the constant 12v cigarette lighter fuse. Has this happened to anyone. Also I used 16 gauge wire because I had it lying around. Should I go for a bigger fuse or maybe install an inline fuse?

Quick Reply: DEI 508D Proximity Motion Sensor addition to stock alarm system