Notices
JK CB & HAM Radios Bulletin board forum regarding all topics concerning CB and HAM radios, the installation of them in your Jeep JK Wrangler. This would include antenna mounts, wiring, tuning and usage.

Cobra 75 CB install show and tell

Old 08-12-2007, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra 75 CB install show and tell

Besides DSY, Plenty of you guys must have a cb's installed. How about some show and tell? I A CB READY TO INSTALL...have no idea where to put it. Lets see some pix!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 11:37 PM
JK Freak

I have the same handset...works well for trail rides and traffic backups! Not to mention NOAA channels.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I, like many, have used the versamount from cooltech and the 75wxst...I really like the combo. Stays out of my way, and looks good.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benmar2000
I don't have a Cobra 75 installed but here is what I use..

I have a magnetic mount antenna that I can plug into it.. It actually works rather well..
What CB is that? Im looking into a handheld CB and am trying to get recomendations and input.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benmar2000
It is the Cobra HH Road Trip.. Got it off of amazon for $82 with free shipping..
Hummmmm...... No mounting required. I like that! How does it work compaired to a mounted CB?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

With the Firestick type antennas just be sure to get the coil section up above the roof line since this is the point of greatest radiation. Now the entire antenna is wound so I am talking about the short more tightly wound section near the top - you should be able to tell where this is if you look carefully.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have this CB in my TJ, and it works perfect...out of site when not in use. I have it mounted behind the glove compartment and the mic hookups underneath too.

I plan on using the handheld for my JK, but realized the othe night, the fuse panel in not in the console. Its in the engine bay. FAWK!

Anyways my plan is to mount the CB controller inside the center console, splice power into the cigarette lighter, take you pick, you have two, one for constant on or one with ignition. Run an external speaker and your all set. You can even drill a little hole so you can hook up the mic portion outside of you center console.

Good Luck...
Old 08-15-2007, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I have to give credit to JohnL for this one. Here are the pictures. The remote box is under the glove box.

I think im about to steal another one of JohnL's ideas and go get some nice black mesh grill.

Last edited by JKmike07; 08-15-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also have the Cooltech UltraMount, but I didn't want to use the VersaMount for the CB since that's where the iPod goes (and you have to have music when wheelin')! I simply mounted the handset clip to the air vent on the right side of the center console, so it's easily reachable. when I don't have the CB hooked up, I can just flip the vent around and you can't see a thing. Here are some pics (sorry for the horrible cell phone pics):

Mike

Quick Reply: Cobra 75 CB install show and tell