Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Cleaning...can you wash down the interior...

Old 08-13-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...I did it...

I tried to use an air compressor, but the sand we have out here is like beach sand...really grainy, not powdery. The compressor kinda worked, but it was everywhere...doorjams, seats, console...so i got to looking at the doors and tailgate and they have drain holes in the bottoms....

So I said 'fork it' and broke out the hose.

I vacuumed up what I could and then pulled the drain plugs. I used low pressure and sprayed everything but the dash, but I wasnt overly careful. I even used the wash/wax on the inside of the doors and everything came out new as could be. I sprayed everything from the seats to the doors to carpet and roll bar being careful not to hit the dash or speakers.

Some overspray got on the speakers (which wouldn't break my heart if I had to replace those POS's) but they sound fine. I noticed alot of sand near the drain plugs when I reinstalled em. Drove Pepe (the Jeep) around and everything worked fine. I wouldn't hesistate to do it again.

Last edited by citizennobody; 08-13-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

See, just gotta give it hell.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deadspot
Jacks or Better - looks like they got some rain at green ridge? When I was up there a few weeks ago it was so dry and dusty with few puddles around. The dust almost seems to be worse as it finds it way into every possible place inside. But it looks like you had a great time!
We ran up there the day after a good rain hit it, timing was perfect! You should post up on the MJC forums and come out with us sometime!
We're talking about hitting the GWNF soon, be great to see you there!

marylandjeepclub.org

Quick Reply: Cleaning...can you wash down the interior...