Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Adding stock sub enclosure to Jeep w/o one

Old 07-23-2010, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding stock sub enclosure to Jeep w/o one

A while ago I added a stock infinity sub enclosure to my jeep. I swapped out the sub for a JL and have it all wired up. Works great.

One issue I am still dealing with is how to go about mounting it securely. Since my jeep never originally came with the sub, I don't have the stubs that it usually would attach to. To those that have added the stock sub/enclosure to your non-equipped jeep, how did you go about mounting it?

I have tried several different options and nothing really works the way I would like i to.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Freak

to the top...
Old 07-25-2010, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same situation as you are. I too added a JL sub set up but haven't decided on how to mount it yet. I hope we can get someone to chime in on this. The one set up I have seen to to cut a board to lay all the way across the tub and mounts to the rollbars. It has the sub mounted in a downfiring position under the board. Not sure I like that idea though as it takes up a lot of storage space. It does get the sub up and out of the way though. The after market ones Iv'e seen like this on the Quadratech site have the sub one one side of the board, and the amp on the other.

Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 07-25-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-2010, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Mount it in the same position as it would have come. Instead of using post studs just get self-tapping screws and a wide washer. Drill it into the tub. I guess it's not as convenient as finger-screw studs but it'll work. Molly bolts may also work.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

I added a stock infinity subwoofer to my non-infinity jeep too and I used the cargo strap screw for the front subwoofer mounting point on the jeep.

For the 2 other mounting points I went to Ace hardware and picked up some nutserts. They were located in automotive section in the nuts and bolts bins.

I used the predrilled hex holes in the jeep to install the nutserts.

Here is what nutserts look like:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...iedown-anchors
Old 07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RUBIMAN07
What JL did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the JL Audio 8W3v3-4 ohm.

It works perfect for what I was looking for. I had to make a spacer out of MDF in order for it to fit. I then dynamatted the entire inside of the enclosure and added a few strips to the back for good measure.

Quick Reply: Adding stock sub enclosure to Jeep w/o one