Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: (Check all that apply) My Jeep Wrangler has between 30K and 50K miles, and...
I have no engine issues
85.67%
I have engine issues, and I use 5W-20 and have no engine mods or water events
10.92%
I have engine issues, and I use a different weight oil
2.05%
I have engine issues, and I have engine mods
2.05%
I have engine issues, and have hit some major water obstacles
0.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

30K - 50K mile engine issues poll

Old 02-04-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have posted before in this thread that I was having issues with engine noise. Well I ran 1/3 a can of Seafoam through my brake booster vac line yesterday, and it seems to have taken care of it. I guess I really was pinging from carbon buildup after all.

I was getting a rattle can noise under light load when the engine was hot. I tried 93 octane and even that didn't help, so I figured it was a mechanical issue. I had two dealers look into it and say it was normal. I was on the verge on considering selling my Jeep and getting a Honda but all is good now
Old 04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of the blue my engine started knocking at 52,000 miles. Took it to the dealer and they told me it was out of oil and that I needed a new engine block. I did purchase an extended warranty for around $700 that covered it,
provivded that I had records of regular maintenance. I provided my oil change records to the dealer, (mobil 1 synthetic every 6,000 miles), and they are currently putting in a new short block. Lesson to learn here, get a warranty and make sure you do regular maintenance and hold on to the records.

Question, how can this happen if there are no signs of leaking oil, no bad exaust, and no warning light on the dash? This sort of problem should be fixed by the dealer with or without a warranty!

Quick Reply: 30K - 50K mile engine issues poll