Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My WK Pintler fitment writeup

Old 06-15-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My WK Pintler fitment writeup

Well I received 3 of my 5 WK argent pintlers for my JK. My black lugnuts also didn't arrive but hopefully Monday they will show up. I did install one wheel for my spare tire so I could take some measurements.

First my configuration:
My original setup is 285/70/17 Duratracs on stock wheels. I have a 2.5" Max travel lift with long travel shocks. My lift flexes more than most 2.5" lifts and as a result under extreme flexing my front inner tire buldge can hit the spring top mount. I did add washers to the turning stop so I don't turn into the swaybar. I clear everywhere else.

backspaces
BS for WK pintler rim is 7mm less than stock so you are only gaining 7mm for clearance for the rear swaybar links. This is not an issue for me since my swaybar links were fine with the stock rims anyways. I achieved this by placing a 1" block under the swaybar to lower it. Then my swaybar links could be shorter by 1".

The BS when you include my inner tire bulge is 15mm less which is perfect for my tire size.

What about a 12.5" tire?
Would you be able to run a 12.5" wide tire you ask? Well the answer is maybe. My tire now sticks out .59"(15mm) further. A 1" wider tire would bring the inner tire buldge .5" closer so I would basically be back to the same inner tire buldge position. I would be back to the same tire rubbing posibility as stated above in my configuration. However if you don't have a long travel kit then you might be ok. FYI, rubbing on my original setup was rare and not very bad anyways.

How far does the tire stick out now?
Well the inner tire buldge is 15mm farther out however the outer tire buldge is 28.5mm farther out. Previously my wheels were 14.5mm tucked in from the rear fender and now the tire sticks out 14mm past the fender(measuring from the top of the fender). So while the tread is inside the fender the sidewall is 14mm outside the fendor and thats with a 285mm wide tire.

hub centric diameter?
It looks a little larger than stock actually. My neighbour will be over shortly with a caliper to measure the exact difference. The JK and the WK have the same hub diameter of 71.5mm.
Click image for larger version

Name:	001 (Large).jpg
Views:	150
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	329660Click image for larger version

Name:	006 (Large).jpg
Views:	127
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	329661Click image for larger version

Name:	009 (Large).jpg
Views:	165
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	329662Click image for larger version

Name:	012 (Large).jpg
Views:	147
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	329663

Last edited by troyboy; 06-15-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

added pics to original post

Quick Reply: My WK Pintler fitment writeup