Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Got a 2001, lift planning

Old 08-26-2010, 03:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a 2001, lift planning

Hi everyone, got a 2001 4.0l. has an automatic trans for now but will get manual in a few weeks. After that its gona be lift time. Budget is not big soo right now the rough country 3.75 combo is the best deal i found. anyone has it with 33's? i went through the whole "lets see your tj thread" but not everyone writes the specs. soo if anyone has that combo plz a pic would be great. and if you guys have vibrations or any complaint? its my daily driver and i cant afford driveshafts and i dont want to worry about breaking driveshaft joints and anything like that. soo i dont want to worry about any driveline issues and the jeep will do only occasional sand so with 33s i dont think i have to worry about the dana 35 and 30 holding up rite?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 AM
JK Freak

and if anyone has any other ideas how to lift i would like to hear them. i said the 3.75 becuase from what i read thats the best way to fit 33s but if i could go for less lift i dont mind. and if soo pics would be great too, because thats the only way someone can choose to go with what.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

my experience- suspension lift on autos will cause some vibration. get a t-case drop or the more expensive MML bushings. the cheap ones from Brown Dog cause some bad vibrations :( 2" suspension and 1.25" BL should set you up to be on 33's just fine. my brother has 2" and 31s with lots of room, manual and no vibes. this is more than anybody else has commented here for you but hopefully youll get more and (possibly) better opinions. pics of my TJ are in threads here somewhere. 33s should be just fine for the 30 and 35, just don't be dumb and try to do burnouts.

again-2" bds, bds-suspension.com

Last edited by karls; 08-31-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Got a 2001, lift planning