Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expedition One Jeep JK Wrangler Trail Series Front Bumper

Old 08-31-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to say PJ, Shrockworks mid and stubby, m.o.r.e., teraflex. I guess more simple designs is what i am getting at. I didn't mean to offend you you if i did, just razzing some of the guys on here
Old 08-31-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I think I like the stubby one better. I agree that the full size one looks a little busy.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKRuby
I would have to say PJ, Shrockworks mid and stubby, m.o.r.e., teraflex. I guess more simple designs is what i am getting at. I didn't mean to offend you you if i did, just razzing some of the guys on here
No offence taken what so ever. I was just currious to know. One of my best friends feals the same way. His favorite right now is teraflex's bumper. We are going to try and have something for everyone as far as price, style, & function goes. Right now we have 1 more front bumper schedualed for prototypeing & designing in the coming weeks but I imagine even that one might be a bit funky for some. But thats what good about variety it keeps thing interesting...
Old 08-31-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

It seems a little busy for my taste. I would prefer something with a cleaner line the adds to the body lines of the Jeep instead of making the bumper a huge glob of metal on the front.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm in the not for me crowd...very cool design though. I just like simple. I'm leaning toward Teraflex and a close second to MORE. Oh, yeah, I really like the Shrockworks stubby if I could get stock fogs and a low winch mount point. I'll keep waiting for more offerings before dropping big bucks on an aftermarket bumper.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKRuby
Man, i have to wonder about some of you guys sometimes. That bumper is fugly IMHO

Just currious, what aftermarket bumpers out there do you like the looks of?
I'll be ordering mine as soon as I can scrape up the cash. I love it, it is unique and functional. I'm due to deliver my wife's #2 baby within 2-4 weeks, so we're a little tight, but once the baby is here, look for the check! If we can deliver at home, I'll be ordering the bumper and winch at the same time.

Do you know if a Blue Ox tow bar can attach to the shackle mounts?

Thanks for delivering a nice bumper.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Expedition One
No offence taken what so ever. I was just currious to know. One of my best friends feals the same way. His favorite right now is teraflex's bumper. We are going to try and have something for everyone as far as price, style, & function goes. Right now we have 1 more front bumper schedualed for prototypeing & designing in the coming weeks but I imagine even that one might be a bit funky for some. But thats what good about variety it keeps thing interesting...
It's good to hear that you already are planning on more. I really liked your minmalist bumper that you released a few weeks ago, but this one is bigger than what I want on the front of my Jeep. I am sure you will find plenty of buyers for it though.

It kinda makes me think it belongs on Batman's Jeep.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I'm due to deliver my wife's #2 baby within 2-4 weeks, so we're a little tight, but once the baby is here, look for the check!"

Several things are confusing me here. First of all, are you the Dr. thats going to deliver your wife's #2 baby? If so why don't you phrase it as: deliver "our" second baby if you are the father? Thirdly, in my experience before a baby is born money isn't tight, heck everyone gives you all the junk you need, its after the baby is born when money is tight... heh heh
Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

"I'm due to deliver my wife's #2 baby within 2-4 weeks, so we're a little tight, but once the baby is here, look for the check!"

Several things are confusing me here. First of all, are you the Dr. thats going to deliver your wife's #2 baby? If so why don't you phrase it as: deliver "our" second baby if you are the father? Thirdly, in my experience before a baby is born money isn't tight, heck everyone gives you all the junk you need, its after the baby is born when money is tight... heh heh
Yes, I am the Doc, yes it's "our baby, and we need to save enough cash for an emergency C-section (several thousand $$$$) should problems arise during the delivery. Once the baby is here, that saved cash flows toward the Jeep.

Technically, only 26 chromosomes from a single cell in the baby came from me, the other 26 chromosomes in that cell, and all the other trillion cells came directly from my wife, so she is mostly a part of my wife at the time being. Once out, then she is fair game and will be showered with as much attention and affection I can muster. Twisted, I know, but those are the facts as I see them. My 2yo daughter can already identify "Jeep, pick-up, SUV, and Car" and accurately distinguish between each with a 90% plus success rate. Not too shabby for a little squirt.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like it. Already have my name on the list. this is how i saw it:

Not Stubby (i think stubby's look f'n horrible *no offense* I just get sick of reading folks that bad talk the full lengths for stuby's)
heavy duty: it has High Lift jack points.
D-Ring holes
Fog light holes
Ability to mount other lights with little to no hastle
Front Hoop for added protection
good overall look
Comparatively low price.

It was kind of funny when i ran into this bumper. I had mad this list months ago, and the Exp 1 bumper fit them all. So now i just sit and wait. Hopefully production gets moving quickly so i can get my current broken stock bumper replaced.

B

Quick Reply: Expedition One Jeep JK Wrangler Trail Series Front Bumper