Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

OEM Remote Start Antenna Placement?

Old 02-11-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MMarz
Curious about options for improving reception or if there are any sensitivity adjustments.. There is mention in this thread about being able to adjust the run time, so hoping there is an adjustment for sensitivity as well..

I had reception of about 100 feet or more prior to the dealer replacing the heater box. Now reception is under 5 feet. I want to avoid a trip back to the dealer, so hoping for some home remedies..
I'm pretty sure adjustments like run-time are made through the star-scan by the dealers.

Maybe your antenna was re-installed upside-down thereby reducing your range. Just a guess.

You can download the installation manual if you google: K6860567

Unfortunately, the part you need says:

"Refer to the vehicle Service Manual section 8 Electrical/
Starting/Remote Start Antenna Module/Installation
"

Maybe someone with a Service Manual can post the antenna instructions.....
Old 02-11-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was installed by the dealer and the antenna was installed above the rearview mirror.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all..

I know the antenna was originally installed, and remains in the stock location. Short of it not being plugged in, or there being a sensitivity adjustment, not sure what might be amiss. I intend to call the dealer today. Will also try removing the antenna and letting it dangle to see if that helps/hurts..
Old 11-11-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this and checked my antenna, apparently it was install backwards, so i flipped it,
I think I just got more range now....I turn it on from the other side of the house and also from the other side while inside the gym....
that didn't happen before...

Quick Reply: OEM Remote Start Antenna Placement?