Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Towing a boat with a 2-door JK

Old 03-15-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pull my boat, I put trailer brakes on it to help with braking, I do not take it on highways but 55 I have been OK for the past 3 years

Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weight for the 2 door

The reason for the 2000 lb limit is for one the Jeep has a short Wheel base. In Theory if you stop too quickly your front tires come of of the road and you can loose control of your vehicle. Another Reason is because tires and suspension have to be designed to Carry the additional weight. One last thing is if you are driving and lets say a car cuts you off and you need to swerve out of the way, well because again for the short wheel base You WILL FLIP THE JEEP!!!
I know I feel the pain I have a 2 door I had to sell my Travel trailer because it was too heavy for my jeep to tow behind

Over all don't Do it! Its kind of like drinking and driving. You may not be the only one that can get hurt or killed, can you live with it if something happens . Please think of others whom you share the Road with!

Quick Reply: Towing a boat with a 2-door JK