Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

MyGIG Map Database Version

Old 11-01-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just completed the map update. The system info is:

App 2.404
Gracenotes 4620
Database R2 - N 1245 3.7.0
SDS 170901
Sys 6816 006 3.5

Hope that helps.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by geospyder
Just completed the map update. The system info is...

Database R2 - N 1245 3.7.0 ...
It looks like they first released that version to the public the 45th week of 2012. I’ll have to call them to see when the finalized the database version.

Thanks for posting what you found!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by geospyder
Found out what I'm missing in order to have uConnect - an OEM microphone. Sounds very simple to install. Manana.
Once you have the mic, you'll also need to go into the engineering menu to turn it on. Press Seek Up + Seek Down + Menu at the same time, and then the Engineering menu will open. Go down to page 4 or 5 I think and you will see a menu item that says "Enable JK HF+VR". Push that button, it will then change from Enable to Disable. Exit the menu with the menu button on the radio, you should now be able to push the UConnect button and be greeted by the UConnect prompts.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
Once you have the mic, you'll also need to go into the engineering menu to turn it on. Press Seek Up + Seek Down + Menu at the same time, and then the Engineering menu will open. Go down to page 4 or 5 I think and you will see a menu item that says "Enable JK HF+VR". Push that button, it will then change from Enable to Disable. Exit the menu with the menu button on the radio, you should now be able to push the UConnect button and be greeted by the UConnect prompts.
Thanks for the info...
Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ckatz88
I am hardly able to use the nav in my Jeep. Most address arnt even in the system and 80% of the time, when i do actually find the location Im looking for in the POI, it trys to send me to one 500 plus miles away. I think an update could help, but dont want to spend the money and be dissapointed.
The dealership supposedly updated mine when I purchased it a few weeks ago. I am finding that it is cumbersome to use and as you said the addresses are not always there. That's frustrating to me. I have been using Waze for so long now the 430N that I have may not work for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2013, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

I called today and they didn't give me any more information on the 3 digit database code.

Quick Reply: MyGIG Map Database Version