Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Passenger's Side Floor Wet

Old 05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hiy1
Same issue with 2011 soft top. Only passenger side foot well.
same here only the passenger side when we get alot of rain
Old 05-16-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charlie Mike
Looks like Jeter was right. Found water dripping down the a-pillar. I put a hose on the roof just behind the top right corner above the a-pillar and saw water dripping down to under the floor mat. Any products I could use to seal up this leak? Or should I just take it to the dealership?
I have the same problem and i assume its the pillar also
Old 05-16-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrobertson2826
I just did the front corner toward fronts of doors.. Right were the bend is pulled 3/4 inch on top and 3/4 inch goin down the fronts of windows. So my seal NEVER has came out.. You just want to barely pull out the seal. All it does is makes the front corner seal meet the top of the soft top. The water still runs down the front channels! Was worried abit about water gettin behind seal and rusting door, but with all the rain we've had here in IN no issues!! Will try and take pic!

Looks like you left the corner in there, but just pulled out 2 inches or so on top and in front.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah once I looked at it is about 2 inches top and bottom!! It stopped the water from comin in! One morning before work it was rainin hard and the back of my right leg was soaked, don't know how I didn't feel it... So I had to try something to fix it!!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did this to my door's yesturday because that is where it was leaking from. It seems to have done the job for now. we'll see how well it holds up.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

I've had mine that way for about 4-5 months and no problems so far!! Fingers crossed!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had my jeep for two weeks, tomorrow. About 600 miles on it.
Had some drenching rains here in Philly today - went outside for lunch (by myself), looked over and there was water dripping down the inside part of the passenger door (near the seat belt) and down on the passenger floor from under the little cargo netting.

Ive searched, and read, and have valued various options at repair and opinions on contacting the dealer... This is exactly why I got rid of my last car -

Do you think it's worth it for me to call/let them know/ask them to fix it or say "F it, its a jeep" and keep it moving? A HUGE part of me wants to say forget it, but I havent even made a payment on it yet, and my carpet/seat is already wet, is it worth it?

(BTW, I still have the hardtop on it, have taken the 2 front freedom panels off before but have made sure everything is tight/dry)...
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Swooper
Had my jeep for two weeks, tomorrow. About 600 miles on it.
Had some drenching rains here in Philly today - went outside for lunch (by myself), looked over and there was water dripping down the inside part of the passenger door (near the seat belt) and down on the passenger floor from under the little cargo netting.

Ive searched, and read, and have valued various options at repair and opinions on contacting the dealer... This is exactly why I got rid of my last car -

Do you think it's worth it for me to call/let them know/ask them to fix it or say "F it, its a jeep" and keep it moving? A HUGE part of me wants to say forget it, but I havent even made a payment on it yet, and my carpet/seat is already wet, is it worth it?

(BTW, I still have the hardtop on it, have taken the 2 front freedom panels off before but have made sure everything is tight/dry)...
Welcome to jeeps I guess mine has 702 miles on it... Dealer is replacing door seal tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer fixed my leak. They replaced the seal on the door. 2,930 miles on the clock
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well first rain since i pulled a little of the door seal out to see if that stops the leak Im having. Fail! back to the drawling borad.

Quick Reply: Passenger's Side Floor Wet