Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mpac or smittybilt g.e.a.r.?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mpac or smittybilt g.e.a.r.?

Alright everyone, I've finally run out of room and I'm debating on pulling out the subs. I'd like to do a tailgate set-up but I don't really know the difference between the two. Smittybilt looks to have all rip away Velcro and Mpac looks fixed. I borrowed a pic from another member because I needed an idea and I love the set-up he's running. But I'm still up for anything. Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2210560016.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	118480  
Old 01-17-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the smittybuilt and it's great. It is attached with screws, not velcro. I also am still using my sub with the bags in place. You just have to arrange them so everything fits. Sorry I don't have any pics at this time. There is a huge thread on here that shows storage on the tailgate, check it out.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2dr though and I'm running 12" subs. How many holes do I have to drill because it looks like Mpac just clips on. Also, where do you guys get all your molle pouches and flashlight holders?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-264504081.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	118517  
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have a close up shot by chance? I'm one of those skeptics when it comes to making permanent mods. But by some of the pics online, it looks pretty sturdy.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you end up getting one and don't like it, PM me. I plan on getting a GEAR or springtail, havent decided yet. Both set up run great but it seems like the springtail would be better for connecting quickfist too.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Mpac

Mudslinger,
I debated the same myself and my beautiful wife got me the MPAC. I love it. I have yet to install it (a bit too cold out here) believe it's as sturdy as they come. It comes with a large and medium bag. I packed the large one as my first aide kit and the back of the bags are velcro so I simply stick it to the back of my seat and good to go. If you want any pics or other specific comments, just PM me.

Cheers!
Matt
Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default More info

Originally Posted by JKmudslinger09
I have a 2dr though and I'm running 12" subs. How many holes do I have to drill because it looks like Mpac just clips on. Also, where do you guys get all your molle pouches and flashlight holders?
The MPAC taks about 10 screws, so you know it's going to hold. All the accessorries can be bought from Springtail Solutions.

http://www.springtailsolutions.com/

Cheers!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! You've all been a huge help. Anyone else, feel free to chime in with thoughts, comments or pics
Old 01-17-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Damn hindsight, you just raised up even more options lol. Smittybilt is $50 and comes with 2 pouches. Raingler is $85 and doesn't come with anything but it seems to be more heavy duty and covers more area than the Mpac. But what's the price and what does the Mpac come with? It doesn't seem to cover much surface area though..
Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MPAC. The things they make are really solid and hands down well built.

Also the MPAC can take a lot of weight for all the gear on the rack..

Quick Reply: Mpac or smittybilt g.e.a.r.?