Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rock Krawler Heavy Duty Deep Sump Automatic Transmission Pan

Old 01-21-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you do for an extension pickup when you change tranny fluid and filter? Do they sell them separate or do you clean the RTV off the one you get with the pan?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Muffins
This spring I will for sure be buying this when I change my trans filter and fluid. Thanks for the write-up

By the way, do you think the dealership would void your transmission warranty because of this pan?
That's a good question. I just received mine and sent a dealer that I've been going to for warranty items an email and here's the response I got(i actually referred to oil and trans pans cause I have both but I think they just forgot to include the trans):

Dealer quote:
"It won’t void your warranty to install those aftermarket oil pans but what you’ll want to make sure of is that your maintenance records clearly show the amount of oil put in after a service so that if you run into a warranty issue it can be verified the proper amount was used. "

So my next question was if I do this myself and keep the oil receipts will this be ok?Waiting for answer.

Or does one have to install it,fill it with oil, then goto a shop and have the oil changed and receipt showing the official quantity?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Do you think this will work with LubeLockers?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:48 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
What do you do for an extension pickup when you change tranny fluid and filter? Do they sell them separate or do you clean the RTV off the one you get with the pan?
you would just removed the pick-up extension and reuse it. really, not a big deal.

Originally Posted by jboth
So my next question was if I do this myself and keep the oil receipts will this be ok?Waiting for answer.

Or does one have to install it,fill it with oil, then goto a shop and have the oil changed and receipt showing the official quantity?
i would think you could just tell them to fill the tranny until it's at the level shown on dip stick. i mean, any shop should know enough to check the dipstick before letting you drive off or, so i would think anyway.

Originally Posted by Augie
Do you think this will work with LubeLockers?
if they make a lubelocker for the tranny, i see no reason why it wouldn't work but personally, i think a good rtv is a better option.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Default Reviving old Thread...

Sorry to revive this but I am looking for an update to this thread.... How is the deep sump pan working out? Any issues leaks or breaks in RTV seals etc???

Considering this as an option to the most recent recall that requires a new trans skid bar and not plate... Buddy got the bar on his 2011 and already dented his pan due to lack of coverage. Let me know what your experiences have been. Thanks,

Nick
Old 05-22-2013, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running it but fear at my 5 year drivetrain inspection it could cause me to fail and void my lifetime powertrain warranty so might go back to stock. It does leak and was a PITA to install but does take a hit I've got several good marks to prove it. In retrospect I wish I would have bought some good skid protection instead.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Heavy Duty Deep Sump Automatic Transmission Pan